Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my 3038e back from dealer after having the JD line kit installed. the hookup is on the rear of the tractor. I have a grappler ordered. I am thinking I will need additional hydraulic line to get from the back to the front? ??concerned about how to route the line? and are the couplers universal?? Is there a best site or source for the lines??

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I would leave the rear remotes alone for other uses and get a WR Long, Artillian, or Kennyd’s loader mount diverter, tie into the bucket curl line to operate grapple that way. Many posts on this type of control.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would leave the rear remotes alone for other uses and get a WR Long, Artillian, or Kennyd’s loader mount diverter, tie into the bucket curl line to operate grapple that way. Many posts on this type of control.
I agree, I have the WR Long third function valve on my 3025E. The valve mounts on my loader post and the hose to the hydraulic supply is routed underneath the seat pan and plugs into the hydro static trans/rear end housing on the right side. Hoses go from the valve to the front of the FEL to the quick connect couplers for my grapple. Very simple and clean install. The valve controls are in the joy stick control head so you are controlling the grapple and FEL function simultaneously. Sounds like your set up you would be reaching some place to activate a valve and then controlling the FEL with the joystick. Not an ideal set up but not impossible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pictures??

I agree, I have the WR Long third function valve on my 3025E. The valve mounts on my loader post and the hose to the hydraulic supply is routed underneath the seat pan and plugs into the hydro static trans/rear end housing on the right side. Hoses go from the valve to the front of the FEL to the quick connect couplers for my grapple. Very simple and clean install. The valve controls are in the joy stick control head so you are controlling the grapple and FEL function simultaneously. Sounds like your set up you would be reaching some place to activate a valve and then controlling the FEL with the joystick. Not an ideal set up but not impossible.
pictures would tellmore??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WR Long??

WR Long only sells through second parties according to the web site. I could not find a dealer or place in SW MI so I went with the JD dealer whose price was as good or better than the Long price in IN .
Putting to much money in this rig to buy a second system. everyone has opinions, if anyone had posted pictures, I probably would have done or gone with a recommended system. for now I will rig additional hoses and use this system by turning and operating controls over my right shoulder!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts