Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had JD dealer install rear Hyd outlets. installed grapple. took it out and loaded 2 truckloads of trash wood onto truck. let sit. went out today and grapple will not work?? I did not add hyd oil to tractor. Is it possible it just needs more hyd oil?? any other concerns I should have? Hoses looked very clean when I started.

·
Administrator
21,123 Posts
Always check your fluid level after using a brand new hydraulic implement. :good2:

Chances are that one of your quick disconnects aren’t fully seated. Remove, clean both ends, reseat. Done.

Let us know what you find. :hi:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I assume you have a third function valve? Sometimes brand new ones get the piston hung up inside it until it breaks in. I had the happened on the WR Long unit I have on my 3E series. As KennyD said, it's probably something simple.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I assume you have a third function valve? Sometimes brand new ones get the piston hung up inside it until it breaks in. I had the happened on the WR Long unit I have on my 3E series. As KennyD said, it's probably something simple.
Yup...that happend to me. Had to disassemble and break loose. All well now several years later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts