Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have searched for a while trying to find some pictures to help me with the install of the WR Long kit for my twin cylinder grapple. Not much luck.

Does anyone have any step by step or some pictures of a completed install?
I have a 3039R with a H160 loader.
Any links?

I plan on wearing my GoPro during the install to help others.
Thanks ahead of time for any assistance

·
Administrator
17,557 Posts
Most guys us the JD 3rd SCV kit, I've not see a WRL install on a 3R series yet.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have a WR Long kit installed but it's on a 3E series tractor.

What exactly are your questions? I can take pictures but none of the specifics apply because of the difference between the R and the E series.

Things to know:

My kit receives it's fluid from a hose that is tapped into the hydro on the right side.

The actual valve is connected to the loader post (my loader doesn't come off so yours may have to be connected some place else, assuming you have a quick tach style loader).

The wiring is tapped into the wiring harness under the hood. It appears there was some sort of pig tail already there and the dealer just plugged into that.

Here are the FAQs from the WR Long website. FAQS | W.R. Long, Inc. | Tarboro, NC They also list a phone number in the contact section so maybe they give tech assistance?

·
Administrator
17,557 Posts
The 3R's would tap into the there is a pipe on the rear that's removed-at least this is how the PB kit is installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have the valve mounted and connected. Started her up and no leaks!! Brian at WRLong was a huge help. Now to run the hoses on the loader! Thanks for everyone's input so far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I have the valve mounted and connected. Started her up and no leaks!! Brian at WRLong was a huge help. Now to run the hoses on the loader! Thanks for everyone's input so far.
Did you get pictures using your Gopro? Interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am putting the WRL on a 3025E, while I wait for my EA grapple :) I would really like to see some pics of the loader valve config with the WRL installed. I would also like to see how the valve attaches and the hose terminations on the crossbar.

Thanx,
Mike

I have a WR Long kit installed but it's on a 3E series tractor.

What exactly are your questions? I can take pictures but none of the specifics apply because of the difference between the R and the E series.

Things to know:

My kit receives it's fluid from a hose that is tapped into the hydro on the right side.

The actual valve is connected to the loader post (my loader doesn't come off so yours may have to be connected some place else, assuming you have a quick tach style loader).

The wiring is tapped into the wiring harness under the hood. It appears there was some sort of pig tail already there and the dealer just plugged into that.

Here are the FAQs from the WR Long website. FAQS | W.R. Long, Inc. | Tarboro, NC They also list a phone number in the contact section so maybe they give tech assistance?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I am putting the WRL on a 3025E, while I wait for my EA grapple :) I would really like to see some pics of the loader valve config with the WRL installed. I would also like to see how the valve attaches and the hose terminations on the crossbar.

Thanx,
Mike
I will try and get some photos of what you are asking for. As for the hose termination on the cross bar, it's what ever works for your set up. My grapple is from Artillian. My dealer rigged up my 3rd function valve. They did a pretty good job rigging up the connection on the cross bar but it does stick out on the bottom a little bit so I have to be careful if I am using my forks and reaching deep into a trailer or truck bed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
First, I have searched for a while trying to find some pictures to help me with the install of the WR Long kit for my twin cylinder grapple. Not much luck.

Does anyone have any step by step or some pictures of a completed install?
I have a 3039R with a H160 loader.
Any links?

I plan on wearing my GoPro during the install to help others.
Thanks ahead of time for any assistance
Curious why you didn't use the JD third SCV that runs off the rocker switch on your Joystick?

Maybe yours isn't equipped with one?

Not being judgmental just curious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts