Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon green tractor family. I’ve got a couple questions my tractor is a 2021 3039r open station with 385a backhoe. Couple days ago I found a bolt on my pasture path that HAS to belong to this tractor as nothing else has been down it. Pic attached of the bolt that is right at 8” long maybe half inch bolt. I also am attaching pic of something I noticed while searching for location of missing bolt I’d like your comments on as well it looks like it’s falling out but I cannot turn it. All ideas and expertise appreciated.

bottom pic is in front of front axle pivot see how it’s sticking out?

frustrating because this is my second green tractor in three years that bolts just fall out of. And this one costing close to 50k doesn’t make for a good feeling.

Automotive tire Finger Gas Font Nail

Automotive tire Wood Tool Bicycle tire Gas

Water Hood Motor vehicle Grass Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
bottom pic is in front of front axle pivot see how it’s sticking out?
That axle bolt is probably not loose. That is a thrust bolt for the trunnion free play and it has a very specific torque spec and then gets locked in place by that nut. DO NOT JUST TIGHTEN THAT BOLT.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rectangle

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,005 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind for that bolt is wheel weights. Not sure where else something that long could be used.

·
Super Moderator
10,281 Posts
There are some long bolts that are used to install the backhoe mounts under the tractor,. That would be my guess where it originated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That axle bolt is probably not loose. That is a thrust bolt for the trunnion free play and it has a very specific torque spec and then gets locked in place by that nut. DO NOT JUST TIGHTEN THAT BOLT.

View attachment 841367
thank you appreciate the knowledge on here

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are some long bolts that are used to install the backhoe mounts under the tractor,. That would be my guess where it originated.
im starting to guess this as well, think I’ll just give them a ring Monday and let them chase it down, tractor isn’t even a year old and they assembled and mounted the backhoe. Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts