Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I’m not duplicating a topic but while servicing my 3039r I noticed that the power steering hose that goes between the frame and axle is rubbing on the frame. Eventually, I’m sure it would fail. So it might be prudent that you check your hose. I used a piece of automotive hose covering with wire ties to protect mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hopefully I’m not duplicating a topic but while servicing my 3039r I noticed that the power steering hose that goes between the frame and axle is rubbing on the frame. Eventually, I’m sure it would fail. So it might be prudent that you check your hose. I used a piece of automotive hose covering with wire ties to protect mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have the right idea but that plastic won't last long. A thick piece of heater hose may work. I have the same issue with mine. I brought it to the dealer's attention and they loosened the hose fitting and moved it a little but it didn't help a whole lot. :unknown:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
they make spiraled wrap specifically designed to wrap hoses or electrical harnesses to protect them from rubbing. i bought some online for the power steering hose on my 1025, worked perfect.

Reactions: aclass and PJR832

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
KennyD sells hose “Dura Wrap” for just such a purpose-I used two short pieces on two pieces of hydraulic line in my 46BH as one of the outrigger hoses in each side was rubbing on the hole in the frame it was routed through, one had already worn the hose slightly.

Reactions: aclass
1 - 4 of 4 Posts