Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have found a 3039R after a lot of searching. I am driving over to dealership several hours away next week to see and confirm in person. Quoted price for 3039R and loader: $32,750

Couple Questions:

How far above the folded ROPS, does the backhoe extended? Trying to see if it will fit in normal garage. (we plan to build new 2-3 car garage in the next year with larger doors, but don't want to keep outside in elements if we can avoid it)

They have to order the back hoe and dealer states price and time frame below:
-11/10/2020 or before for the 375a: $8750
-12/10/2020 or before for the 385a: $9450

After reviewing the SCV 101 thread on GTT, I am adding:
-3RD EH SCV KIT: $968
-Hardline Kit to the loader for eventual grapple: $461
-4th and 5th SCV kit with electric diverter: $1608
-Power Beyond Kit: $347

Total Price: $44,884 to $45,544 depending on the backhoe option

Also:
-Deluxe Grille Guard: $347 quoted price

Will also be adding iMatch quick connect and Ballast box at time of purchase.

Any other must have or should have dealer installed options at purchase?

Any other tips for first time tractor buyer?

Is it a mistake to purchase and then wait several months just for the backhoe? I am a bit concerned with lack of inventory for tractors that the quoted time frames for the backhoe could end up getting pushed back and back and back.

Thanks for any advice, guidance or tips.
Parttim3r

·
Premium Member
10,753 Posts
How far above the folded ROPS, does the backhoe extended? Trying to see if it will fit in normal garage.
The 375A will go through a normal garage door if the storage pin is in the "Park" hole, but not if it is in the transport hole. I can't say about the 385A. Mine is not on the tractor or I could measure it for you.

Sounds like you've got the full hydraulics options selected. Good choice.

Are you going to be able to take delivery on the tractor and just wait on the backhoe or are they going to make you wait for the whole thing?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just for golly gee-whiz stuff. The 375A has a 7', 10" digging depth and the 385A an 8', 5" depth; if that makes a difference in your choice. Also, if ever you wanted a 3 series with a cab, the 375A is your only option.

Jeff

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 375A will go through a normal garage door if the storage pin is in the "Park" hole, but not if it is in the transport hole. I can't say about the 385A. Mine is not on the tractor or I could measure it for you.

Sounds like you've got the full hydraulics options selected. Good choice.

Are you going to be able to take delivery on the tractor and just wait on the backhoe or are they going to make you wait for the whole thing?
It has been a struggle finding a tractor in stock. We will most likely wait for the backhoe and have everything delivered up to Georgia all at once. I would like the 385a if it will fit in garage, for the lift capacity and depth as mentioned. Similar reasons I decided on 3R series over the 2038R. I don't know if I'll ever need the extra loader lift capacity, pto capacity, or stronger backhoe...but if I do I'll be glad i bought it.

Any other tips or advice are much appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am a bit concerned with lack of inventory for tractors that the quoted time frames for the backhoe could end up getting pushed back and back and back.
I can't answer your backhoe question, but yes, inventory seems to be really low now. I've driven past my dealer a few times in the last month and it looks like a ghost town. Not only for SCUTs, MCUTs, LCUTs, but big ag equipment as well. I'm thinking if you can find any kind of a reasonable deal on what you want these days you probably ought to jump on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I have found a 3039R after a lot of searching. I am driving over to dealership several hours away next week to see and confirm in person. Quoted price for 3039R and loader: $32,750

Couple Questions:

How far above the folded ROPS, does the backhoe extended? Trying to see if it will fit in normal garage. (we plan to build new 2-3 car garage in the next year with larger doors, but don't want to keep outside in elements if we can avoid it)

They have to order the back hoe and dealer states price and time frame below:
-11/10/2020 or before for the 375a: $8750
-12/10/2020 or before for the 385a: $9450

After reviewing the SCV 101 thread on GTT, I am adding:
-3RD EH SCV KIT: $968
-Hardline Kit to the loader for eventual grapple: $461
-4th and 5th SCV kit with electric diverter: $1608
-Power Beyond Kit: $347

Total Price: $44,884 to $45,544 depending on the backhoe option

Also:
-Deluxe Grille Guard: $347 quoted price

Will also be adding iMatch quick connect and Ballast box at time of purchase.

Any other must have or should have dealer installed options at purchase?

Any other tips for first time tractor buyer?

Is it a mistake to purchase and then wait several months just for the backhoe? I am a bit concerned with lack of inventory for tractors that the quoted time frames for the backhoe could end up getting pushed back and back and back.

Thanks for any advice, guidance or tips.
Parttim3r
Does the tractor already have a brush guard, I bought the Deluxe Grille Guard, and had to call back ordering the main guard that you mount to the tractor frame?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the tractor already have a brush guard, I bought the Deluxe Grille Guard, and had to call back ordering the main guard that you mount to the tractor frame?
I assume it has the standard one. I'll check this week when I drive over. I think the part number is BW15222.

I am still researching stuff.

First tractor. A bit nervous, but super thankful for this site.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have a 3039R with the larger of the R4 tires and 385A, just measured the backhoe height, 7'7"

In my opinion, the 385A is worth the extra money and is the way to go.

I also saw a deluxe hood guard in the for sale section on this forum for $200 + shipping, could save you a little...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 3039R with the larger of the R4 tires and 385A, just measured the backhoe height, 7'7"

I also saw a deluxe hood guard in the for sale section on this forum for $200 + shipping, could save you a little...
thanks so much for the measurement. That is super helpful. I think I would have to have the backhoe down a little to clear the garage door and the raise back up.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
that would work, just be careful when you back out!

I am paranoid about hitting my door, I have put a mark on the door jam and make sure I open it beyond that when pulling the tractor out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

If you get a chance, can you check the length of your tractor from the front grill to the back of the backhoe when it is turned 180 degrees? I think I can get my gator and tractor in garage if I leave the bucket and maybe FEL outside and keep the backhoe on for now.

I did go check out the 3039R today. It is a 2020 and just waiting for shipping quote, figure out backhoe decision and hopefully place deposit this week.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Can do, but will be a little later this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts