Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 3046 R that makes a lot of racket during the first minute after a cold start. I took it to the dealer and the service manager assured me that it was normal for this engine. I do not agree. I had a 3039r, 2320 and 2025r and none them ever did this. The 3046 r does have a vertical exhaust kit. It is so loud it I feel like I should have hearing protection at idle during a cold start. When I use the block heater no noise . Any other 3046r owners out there experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a 2018 3039R and the colder it is the more noise it makes when i start it. When it is real cold it almost sounds like it is going to throw a rod or something. It could be that the ECU changes the injector pulse when it is cold so it sounds like an old tractor vs when the engine warms up. My cousin has a 3720 and it sounds like my tractor when its cold all the time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 2015 3046R with 600 hours is loud like old school diesels (think Ford 7.3L which I still own). After about 30- or 60-seconds, my 3046R quiets down quite noticeably. The ECU must do something with the injector timing because the drop in decibels is so noticeable and instantaneous. I do not worry about it and neither should you. These machines are built to last IMHO. The designers and builders did a very good job and we should have confidence that they know way more than we do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Perfectly normal...mine is extremely loud, esp. if you start right out and barely tap the forward pedal. Usually quites down withing a minute or so.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
All diesels make more noise until they warm up. My 4066R does the same thing. I learned not to stand outside and start it up.

Dave

Reactions: 2mtrucks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Same with my 3039r. If you go above 1500rpm when it’s cold than it makes a heck of a racket. It settles down once it warms up though. I’ve never paid it much mind. New tractor, new sounds.

Rick

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
855 Posts
2018 46R. I have noticed as it’s warmer out I tend to move it out of the garage without warming up it is louder for a bit then quiets down. It caught my ear last weekend and again today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts