Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See photo, Is this suppose to have a cover? I just had the tractor returned for a faulty seal around a drive shaft, after 16 hours. I crawled under there to see what they did and noticed the large opening in the picture. Sorry, I don't know the exact part names. Seems odd this would be open to allow all kinds of dirt to get right into the clutch assembly. I didn't think that was open like that prior to the dealer picking up the tractor. There's no apparent holes for any bolts that would have any type of cover plate. Is it some kind of snap in cover?

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Seems odd but looks right...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
can you take a pic from directly under the hole so we can see whats up in there?

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
It seems right to me. That casting is just the connection between the engine and rear end since there really isn’t a frame. It’s a hydro so no clutch. All that would be in the open inside the frame if it had one.

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
It's normal. No problem there. My 3320 is similar if not identical. No worries. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
114 Posts
If your concerned about it, it wouldn’t take much to make a cover out of sheet metal.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
161 Posts
My 3046R looks the same.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Very interesting design, don’t own subject tractor, but if I did I would want some sort of cover.:dunno:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I see a potential skunk works project!
Plate out of whatever material. Add 3 or 4 locks that only require a 90* turn to engage the lip and hold the plate in position. Done. Super simple, no drilling, or permanent mods required.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My 955 which has a frame, has the same parts exposed. I think if you were to place a cover there that it would just be another place for debris and dust to accumulate out of sight.

Dave

Reactions: jgayman and Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,529 Posts
My 955 which has a frame, has the same parts exposed. I think if you were to place a cover there that it would just be another place for debris and dust to accumulate out of sight.

Dave
And moisture, my thoughts exactly.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yeah because the giant open hole prevents that from happening. /sarcasm

?

Reactions: goat704!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts