Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the above configuration, and the dealer is saying that when they tried to put the deck on that the 6" spacers don't fit with the 72D. I could swear that there are others on here who have used that configuration. Am I missing something? Maybe with different tires or spacers? What am I missing? I'd really like rear spacers. I'm not tied to the R4's and could go with turfs if that helps.

This was their exact wording:
Hi Greg - THE MOWER deck came in and we installed.
The issue is that with the wheel spacers on
the rear tires are interfering with the deck.
If on at same time Choices are mower deck
with no spacers or spacers and no mower deck.
There were no notes that this could happen
since spacers aren't offered for the 3 series but
we the dealer know that they will work for the
tractor now we know not with a mower deck.
How do you want us to proceed for the set up.
Any advice? They are wondering how I want to proceed.

Thx!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Are they 6” spacers or 2 three inch spacers(one on each side for a total of 6”)

I can completely believe that a 6” spacer if made would not work with the deck gauge wheels. A three inch spacer would be tight on the 2038r so I would believe it to be worse on a 3 series.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer quoted 140mm (5.5") on each side. I didn't even ask, that's what they suggested. I'm going to ask if they have something smaller that will work. Otherwise I might go with a rear RFM instead of the 72d.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You may have already heard this, but Deere does NOT recommend the use of spacers on the 3 series. An Engineer that works at the Augusta Plant told me this. That is why they are not listed as options when you build and price your machine online. Has to due with the stress imposed upon the transmission housing. You may never have an issue, but if you do and machine is still under warranty, Deere would have the option of denying coverage. I would be very leery of installing 6" spacers.

Jeff

·
Registered
90 Posts
In my opinion Deere is voicing that information based on a 3R series that either has a backhoe on the rear all the time, or the 3pt hitch has maximum weight capacity on it all the time, such a a very heavy implement. Then I would tend to agree with them that there would be an issue with spacers installed. But if the tractor is used for light duty chores, without the rear being heavily loaded, I see no issue whatsoever using spacers. Mowing with the mid mount mower etc, on steeper slopes...no issue running spacers.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a 3039R with 5" spacers and it's pretty darn close on the one side.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am pretty sure that right rear anti scalp wheel won't allow more then a 3" spacer.
I would sure bet a 6" spacer won't clear the deck on either side.
I am running 3" on both my 3R's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here are couple more pics of my 3Rs with 3" spacers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am pretty sure that right rear anti scalp wheel won't allow more then a 3" spacer.
I would sure bet a 6" spacer won't clear the deck on either side.
I am running 3" on both my 3R's.
Thanks. It was delivered Monday without spacers. I'll probably go with the 3" ones in the spring when I put the 72D on. Which spacers did you get?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here is all the info from what I ordered and from where. I went with the solid center steel versions.
The solid centers adds about $100.00 to the price. The prices below include that upgrade.
allow about 3 weeks for delivery.
I painted mine with JD green rattle cans. Worked great, looks like OE factory.
Qty
Description
Price
Total
2​
Adapter - Hub & Wheel Centric John Deere 3033R, 8x8 , STEEL 3" Thick, LEAVE CAP SOLID
277.50​
555.00​
Shipping:​
0.00​
Tax:​
0.00​
Invoice Total:​
600.00​
Payments:​
600.00​

Motorsport Technology
280 South Rock Blvd, Suite 100
Reno NV 89502
Phone: (775) 351-1000
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (775) 351-1000
Web: Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that $45 was shipping. Not sure why it showed up as 0 shipping. I am almost positive that was the shipping. Those things are not all that large physically but they are very heavy. I as I recall the box they come in will really fool yea when you go to pick it up. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts