Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have connected and reconnected at the grapple and also at the rear where the hoses connect at the back. I can hear the valve clicking when I depress the thumb switch each way but no operation. Call service and they said to blow compressor air into the quick connect at the rear after disconnecting each of the two hoses. Said there is a screen that gets clogged if sitting along time. It’s been three months since I have used this function. I did this to no avail. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Since you are pushing a button and hearing "clicking" I'm assuming you have the rear electro-hydrauulic 3rd SVC port and that's what you are connecting to.

If you have reseated the connectors and blown them out I'd guess that your problem may be that the solenoids/plungers (Not sure if that's the right term but...) that actuate the SCV are stuck. That can happen if they don't get used. You can try lightly tapping the SCV body with a small hammer and see if they free up. If that doesn't do it you may have to disassemble the SCV, clean things up and then reassemble.

In the mean time, you could check your grapple and hoses by connecting to the Mid-SCV to test them.

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
I agree with Jim, the spool in the valve is likely stuck some from lack of use. Is the engine laboring at all when you try to operate it?

I've written this 100 times:

If you have a solenoid operated remote valve or diverter, no matter what brand, OPERATE IT REGULARLY, even if you have nothing connected to it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with Jim, the spool in the valve is likely stuck some from lack of use. Is the engine laboring at all when you try to operate it?

If you have a solenoid operated remote valve or diverter, no matter what brand, OPERATE IT REGULARLY, even if you have nothing connected to it!
The engine is not laboring.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Actually, you've written it 117 times, but who's counting?

Do you know if it's the grapple or the valve? I think the best thing to do is to hook up a pressure gauge to the outlets. That will tell you if the spool valves are operating properly or not. If they are, then you can turn your attentionto the grapple plumbing.

Good luck - I had to troubleshoot mine last Fall. Having the pressure guage made all the difference. You can probably piece together what you need at Tractor Supply, or Kenny sells a nice one.

Sent by Tapatalk using the tiny keyboard on my phone. That explains the typos!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

The valve was jammed. I removed the coils and verified power. At each end of the cylinder is a small opening. I noticed the position of the valve and went to the closest side and inserted a small Alan wrench and pressed it and felt it slide, crunchy sound. Went to the other side and pressed and kept doing this 4 or 5 times till smooth. Reconnected all back and was back in action.

Next question about exercising the valve. Does it do any good to do that if nothing is connected? If not How about a short hose with connectors and keep them connected on the tractor and excerise the switch and valve and fluid would actually flow. Would that work?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pic of valve. Attached.

D6BA9378-9C7D-4DD3-A1F8-3166E9EAC828.jpeg

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
You do not need anything connected to exercise the valve, read my comment above. The spool will still slide in the bore even if nothing is connected to the couplers.

If it will make you feel better, I'll sell you a loop hose :good2:

I'm happy to hear you got it working :yahoo:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do not need anything connected to exercise the valve, read my comment above. The spool will still slide in the bore even if nothing is connected to the couplers.

If it will make you feel better, I'll sell you a loop hose :good2:

I'm happy to hear you got it working :yahoo:

This is a great site. Been awhile but when I had the problem y’all had the answers.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
This is a great site. Been awhile but when I had the problem y’all had the answers.
Don't be a stranger! You are allowed to post even if you don't have a problem! :good2:

Sent by Tapatalk using the tiny keyboard on my phone. That explains the typos!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts