Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
JD3046R, H165 Loader, 72JD MMM, Tar River Roto, HLA Pallet Rack
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning.....I traced a hydraulic leak to the
rubber manifold that connects the oil line with the steering pump I think- see attached photo. Question- do I have to drain all the hydraulic fluid from the tractor to replace the part? Just completed my 400hr service and really want to avoid this if possible-
Thanks for any advice or help.

·
Premium Member
17,084 Posts
I'm no expert but I believe that is the low pressure return line. Given the height of that pipe I doubt you'll loose much fluid. To be safe you could always put a CLEAN drain pain under it when you loosen the fitting.

Reactions: GreenBlood

·
Registered
JD3046R, H165 Loader, 72JD MMM, Tar River Roto, HLA Pallet Rack
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of your knowledge...Part is delivered tomorrow....and should have it finished on Wednesday. Keep you posted on my success or lack there of.....always a learning experience

·
Premium Member
17,084 Posts
Jgayman….as u said little to no fluid loss…thanks for the help. I replaced the manifold yesterday. Repair took less then an hour👍
View attachment 786194
Sweet! Like I said, I'm no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.