Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing my first really expensive tractor, 3046R.
Couple of questions.
Mowerdeck, As good of cut or better than my 7 iron on the zero turn?

Is this the biggest model Deere makes with mid PTO for the drive over deck system?

Snowblower options, Front mount? Or rear mount?Pusher or puller on the rear?

Hydronic connections? I would like to be able to switch out the bucket with forks from the cab with the skid loader type quick connects. What do I need to make this happen? Also would like to power a log splitter from the rear. Any more rear connections must haves if I’m addding those already? Do it now or as I need them in the future?

I m planning on removing top soil for the new house and out building with the loader. Planning on bolt on after market dirt teeth. See any issues with enough power?

Thanks Dan Nelson

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Sounds like you have some decisions to make, but I wouldn't recommend mowing with this if you have a zero-turn already, unless your mowing a football field type yard with no obstacles.

:wgtt:from MN

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Thinking of purchasing my first really expensive tractor, 3046R.
Couple of questions.
Mowerdeck, As good of cut or better than my 7 iron on the zero turn?

Is this the biggest model Deere makes with mid PTO for the drive over deck system?

Snowblower options, Front mount? Or rear mount?Pusher or puller on the rear?

Hydronic connections? I would like to be able to switch out the bucket with forks from the cab with the skid loader type quick connects. What do I need to make this happen? Also would like to power a log splitter from the rear. Any more rear connections must haves if I’m addding those already? Do it now or as I need them in the future?

I m planning on removing top soil for the new house and out building with the loader. Planning on bolt on after market dirt teeth. See any issues with enough power?

Thanks Dan Nelson

The 4 series no longer has a mid PTO, thereby no mid mount mower. To remove the top soil, you will likely need some attachment to loosen the soil such as a tiller, disk, or plow. You will have enough power, but traction will be a problem.

Dave

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
The 4 series no longer has a mid PTO, thereby no mid mount mower. To remove the top soil, you will likely need some attachment to loosen the soil such as a tiller, disk, or plow. You will have enough power, but traction will be a problem.

Dave
He's looking at a 3 series. Still too big for mowing in my opinion.

Reactions: PJR832 and Kennyd

·
Registered
4,354 Posts

I was aware of him looking at the 3 series, but he wanted to know if there was anything bigger with a mid mount mower. However, it is not too big to mow with. It just depends on how or what you mow. I mow with my 4066R using a 110 inch RFM. If I could have gotten a bigger RFM, I would have.

Dave

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Ok, I give. Everything I mow has tree's and nice grass. My 2032 with 72" is too big.:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I don't know how much you mow. I mow my place and my neighbors place. At one time or another, I have mowed all of his 30 acres.

Dave

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Well Dave I only own 20 acres, and thank God it's mostly un-mowable woods. Still takes 2-4 hrs to mow depending on what I mow with.
Tree's s--k unless you like shade and the great North.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
My property is mostly mowable, except for the trees in the ditches. His property is also mostly mowable, with a couple of noticeable exceptions... The ditches and a thicket in the middle where the dear live.

Dave

Reactions: PJR832 and goat704!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 3039R for that I use for mowing. I use a 72" mid mount mower on about 4 acres. Because of the terrain and the trees it takes me about 2.5 to 3 hours to mow the whole property. I wanted at least 32 PTO horse for the 72" mower deck because of the hills on my property. Occasionally the engine rpm will drop going up a hill in thick grass. If I had to do over again I would have gotten a 3046 but over all I'm happy with it.

Reactions: PJR832 and goat704!

·
Registered
38 Posts
3046r

I have a cabbed 3046R and I use the 72 inch MMM for mowing my acreage. I have a 54 inch zero turn that I trim with. I don't have problems with the 3046R doing anything to the yard. I mow about 5 acres with it. The best choice I could have made for my acreage and far from being to large. It is perfect for what I use it for. Front snowblower that was a great choice for me because I hate looking backwards for that long. I have the third SCV which I use all of the time. This is that tractor that I plan on retiring with, well maybe until something else catches my eye.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would keep zero turn and not buy MMM.
I priced front blower and needed, front 3 point and PTO shaft. $6500 installed.
Rear blowers less than $4000
Rear forward drive would be Awesome!
Quick attach style skid steer bucket mounts I believe JD sells. The hydraulic or electric function of it I am not sure about.
Putting 3rd function on loader is a good plan.
Power Beyond is what you need for Splitter.
I would add 4th and 5th SCV's so you can add Top and Tilt.
I would till the heck out of the soil before you scoop it up and pile it. It will break down while you build.
A box blade would work for gathering that up.
Land planes are very good for leveling the lawn and driveways.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quick attach style skid steer bucket mounts I believe JD sells. The hydraulic or electric function of it I am not sure about.

Good Luck!
Deere does not offer any way to remotely connect (lock) skid steer style attachments from the cab. However, there is a guy in the upper mid-west that has done this with an electric "linear actuator". He is mmrbeef on youtube. I think I found the videos in the links below. Deere does offer the skid steer adapter for the loader; just no remote way to lock it.

John Deere 4066R - H180 Loader Modifications (Part 1) - YouTube

John Deere 4066R - H180 Loader Modifications (Part 2) - YouTube

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts