Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
I am the one that flipped the tractor and I have the same wheels and tires that you have.

I am in a little bit different situation because I have to run my tractor in vineyard rows so I am limited in the width that I can have.

But I am probably going to get weights and move my wheels out (If they will work in that position).

Our wheels are 4 position wheels. You have two options on the dish and two options on the mounting rim to dish. It appears that your dish is out and that your rims are in. So that would be in the 3rd widest position. To go to the widest position you would need to remove the wheel take the dish off the rim and move it to the other side. The remount the 8 bolts that hold the dish to the rim, and remount it to the Tractor.

If you have a bottle jack you can jack up your tractor and do this fairly easily.

But if you do not want to do it yourself, this is something that a mobile tire person could do very easily for you.

· Registered
108 Posts
Steve,

I am thinking about doing the same on my tractor. It is at Deere right now so I can not measure mine to see how wide it will be by adding the 4".

Could you measure the overall with of your tires now that you made the swap? I would really appreciate it. I want to confirm the total width before I go ahead and have Deere do it while it is in the shop.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
108 Posts
Thanks,

That would make it 2" wider than my 870 and the same width as all of my implements.

I am 90% sure I am going to have them set this way. I am also getting wheel weights. After tipping it over I want to make it as stable as I can while still fitting in my Vineyard rows.

Thanks again for measuring it for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.