Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I always come here for answers and advice. I had bought the filter pack and was going to change the transmission filter on my 3046r (205 hours). But I started to wonder how much fluid I would lose as I have less than a gallon on hand. I know the manual says to change fluid and filter at 400 hrs but just figured it wouldn't hurt to at least put the new filter as I have it. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is no way to change the transmission filter without draining the transmission. It should take between 7 and 8 gallons to refill it.

·
Administrator
20,483 Posts
I've heard of guys putting a shop-vac hose on the fill port to "hold" the fluid in, but cleaning the screen takes awhile and it's a big hole...I don't think it would work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Tha manual says you can go1200 hrs before changing fluid if the filter is changed every 400hrs. That's why I was asking. Didn't know if it would all run out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is from the manual. If you 'perform oil-scan' of the oil you can change it every 1200 hours.
NOTE:
Transmission oil can be changed every 1200 hours or 3 years if the following requirements are met:
  • Use John Deere Hy-Gard™ or Lo-Vis Hy-Gard oil.
  • Suction and transmission filter are both changed every 400 hours.
  • Perform oil-scan of transmission oil every 400 hours or once per year.

·
Premium Member
15,533 Posts
Ok. Tha manual says you can go1200 hrs before changing fluid if the filter is changed every 400hrs. That's why I was asking. Didn't know if it would all run out.
Maybe they assume you will put whatever leaks out back in. I can see being quick with the filter change but like a previous poster mentioned, the screen takes a bit of effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts