Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long time lurker first time poster. I have been using this site for a few years since I purchased my 3046r with cab to tweak or adjust and learn and I want to thank all of those who share their knowledge. But lately I have been experiencing a few small issues with my tractor.
Problem 1-my loader is slowly loosing pressure yet I see no visible signs of a leak? Not sure what is going on? This is an issue that happens when it's running or off the bucket will slowly creep down.
Problem 2- is that my PTO selector is a little stiff. When going from mid/rear to rear there isn't much of a de-tent space. Yet when going from Mid/Rear to just mid it's stiff and seems to be quite the gap in spacing on the de-tent. Is there an adjustment similar to the 3 point hitch lever that I could tweak?
Lastly problem 3- this is more of a rookie issue more than anything. On the bucket control lever if have the toggle to raise and lower the mower, is there anyway to reverse the toggle? As right now when I hit up the mower drops and visa versa. Thanks in advance for any help! Love this forum and love my tractor!!

·
Administrator
19,264 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

1) What does "slowly" mean? How much does it drop in an hour? In 24 hours? All loader settle some, JD even has a spec for how much is allowable.

2) Have you tried lubing the linkages? There are quite a few in the cab models.

3) I'm a bit confused here, the MMM should be controlled via the 3rd function buttons on the joystick, but you wrote "bucket control lever" which I assume is the joystick itself? If you are using the buttons, and the mower is plugged into the rear coupler(s) just move the hose (it's just one right?) to the other coupler. If it's two hoses (not sure if they changed it on the newer models) just swap the hoses.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT.

1) What does "slowly" mean? How much does it drop in an hour? In 24 hours? All loader settle some, JD even has a spec for how much is allowable.

2) Have you tried lubing the linkages? There are quite a few in the cab models.

3) I'm a bit confused here, the MMM should be controlled via the 3rd function buttons on the joystick, but you wrote "bucket control lever" which I assume is the joystick itself? If you are using the buttons, and the mower is plugged into the rear coupler(s) just move the hose (it's just one right?) to the other coupler. If it's two hoses (not sure if they changed it on the newer models) just swap the hoses.
Thanks for the reply!
1) As for slowly, I haven't timed it but over a period of an hour it can fall at least a foot with the bucket on. Any load in the bucket and it will be even faster.
2) I will have to try lubing the linkages thanks!
3) And yes the word I should've used was joystick, it's the buttons on the side which are used to raise and lower the MMM. I did try to switch the hose around on the rear of the tractor but it seems like the female fittings are two different sizes so the male end of the hose won't go in to the other fitting. I could try swapping the females around I just wanted to confirm if I was on the right track.
Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
19,264 Posts
1) If your under warranty (1 year on the loader) be sure to let the dealer know.
3) Please post a picture...the two female couplers for the 3rd SCV are the same, 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style. Here they are circled in red:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
1) If your under warranty (1 year on the loader) be sure to let the dealer know.
3) Please post a picture...the two female couplers for the 3rd SCV are the same, 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style. Here they are circled in red:

View attachment 746109
Kenny is that your tractor? man it is clean! It is either new, never used, or I need lesson on washing my tractor. nice!

sorry highjacking the thread

Reactions: Kennyd and BigJim55

·
Administrator
19,264 Posts
Kenny is that your tractor? man it is clean! It is either new, never used, or I need lesson on washing my tractor. nice!

sorry highjacking the thread
No, a friends 3039R.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
276 Posts
So long time lurker first time poster. I have been using this site for a few years since I purchased my 3046r with cab to tweak or adjust and learn and I want to thank all of those who share their knowledge. But lately I have been experiencing a few small issues with my tractor.
Problem 1-my loader is slowly loosing pressure yet I see no visible signs of a leak? Not sure what is going on? This is an issue that happens when it's running or off the bucket will slowly creep down.
Problem 2- is that my PTO selector is a little stiff. When going from mid/rear to rear there isn't much of a de-tent space. Yet when going from Mid/Rear to just mid it's stiff and seems to be quite the gap in spacing on the de-tent. Is there an adjustment similar to the 3 point hitch lever that I could tweak?
p1- the creep down is normal, my 3039r does it too.
p2- my pto selector is a bit stiff too. I only shift it about twice a year, to rear in spring, and to front in the fall.

·
Registered
75 Posts
P1 - I had the creep down get really bad two years ago on mine when it was fairly new. Less than 300hrs, and owning it only for a year and half. I noticed it when I was digging a trench to bury electric hook ups for my new barn. I was digging with the backhoe, and the loader was maybe about 2 1/2 ft off the ground as i was digging and the bucket full curled up. Every time I would go to move the tractor forward the bucket was curled down to the ground (less than 5 minutes per move forward). I thought that didn't make sense, so I played with it for about a week, it would leak down even faster with a load. Called the dealership, and they took it, found that the seals in the curl cylinders were bad, and rebuilt the cylinders for me under warranty. The service manager told me they have had a lot of issues with the H165's he said deere used crappy seals on them from factory. Since the rebuild, about 2 years later, and over 650hrs on the machine now it seems to be doing fine.

P2- I shift mine pretty often due to mowing once a week, and farm tasks in between (grinding feed, brush hogging, tilling in the garden, and using the 3pt sprayer). After a while of doing it it gets much easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts