Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2011 JD3038E/305 FEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

First post, appreciate any help. I’ve owned a 2011 3038E for about a year. Bought it used with 350 hours on it and went to the local dealer and got all the maintenance supplies and filters, most of that’s been completed except the hydraulic filters.
I had noticed the FEL seemed a bit sloppy. The nuts on the pins are tight. I can slide the boom back and forth by hand as it slides back and forth on the pin. All the joints are like this on both sides.
I have attached a picture (and can attach more)but to my somewhat uneducated eye, it seems like there are no bushings?
Any help is appreciated!

thanks
Trevor
Crankset Green Motor vehicle Bicycle part Bicycle chain

· Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
764 Posts
That is 100% normal. All loaders are like that. The 400E on our 4052M is the exact same way. I figure they build the loaders like that to prevent the pivot points from binding. I’ve thought about seeing If I could put some kind of felt washers or something in there, not to take up the play, but to help keep the grease in, basically a grease seal. Nothing to worry about with your loader. Just keep it greased good and you’ll be fine for years.

· Registered
2011 JD3038E/305 FEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent. I make sure to put grease in, bought a Milwaukee M12 just for it. Man that makes it easy.
Anyhow, I appreciate your response and I feel better. I had just read about bushings needing replacement when I googled it so figured I’d post here to make sure. Have a good one!

· Registered
122 Posts
Don'T cheap out on the greasing for these pins, if they freeze there, they are very, very, very hard to get out without damaging more than the pin.

· Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072
764 Posts
Don'T cheap out on the greasing for these pins, if they freeze there, they are very, very, very hard to get out without damaging more than the pin.
My personal rule of thumb is grease the loader pins about every 25 hours of use. That is flexible depending on what kind of work I’m doing, and in the summer when I’m bush hogging, the loader doesn’t get greased as often. This time of year, especially when it’s wet, I try to grease about every 25 hours. I have a little notebook that I keep in the tractor toolbox with all my maintenance records in it, so every time I grease, I check all the fluids and document that as well. Always worked well for me

Reactions: DatButch
1 - 7 of 7 Posts