Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone I'm still new in this environment
I'm testing the 49 snow thrower on my 314
If I'm wrong I apologise for my ignorance but the mule drive have to be removed to be able to attach the snow thrower ?
Or is a part or something in between ? otherwise the snow thrower pulley will hit the mule drive
I appreciate any help
Thanks

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Yes. Remove the mower mule drive before installing a snowblower

·
Registered
872 Posts
R2, Another mounting interference problem can be the belt tensioning pulley on the 49. If you look at the pulley assembly, you'll see it's mounted on a really long bolt. Pull the assembly towards the head of the bolt and the pulley will drop down...and NOT hit front frame of tractor when installing!

When I lived in CT, I used my 314 & 49 for about 30 years. I've cleared 2 foot of snow without a problem and opened the 3 feet of snow the State plowed into my driveway! The key is ground-speed...too fast and the thrower will clog/plug. too slow, it'll just push the snow. If your property is hilly, traction may be a problem. Mine was pretty steep and I ran turfs with WW fluid, dual wheel weights, chains, and suitcase weights...never spun the tires! It's a great combo and you'll luv it. Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys is great to have people who know this machines and have some information, my 314 is 35 tears old in really good condition, I just learning the trade
Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
R2, Sorry to tell you this, but your not going to "learn" much with a 314. They're like the Eveready bunny and keep going, and going, and....... I bought mine in '82 from a landscaper that had a mowing service, so it was well used. I lost it in a divorce in 2010, and during those 28 years I replaced batteries, pto coil, 2 engine mounts, and the hydro sight tube. Original plug and never re-gapped, no idea if mag or points ignition system as I never had a problem starting...and tractor sat in an unheated garage in CT !! Keep your oil levels to spec and you'll be good to go. Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts