Green Tractor Talk banner

316 hydraulic hoses

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ronbuff 
#1 ·
I have a 1987 316 that the hydraulic hoses are leaking a little and I am going to take them off and have some new ones made. Hears my question, my control arm for lifting and lowering my 3pt to me it is backwards, you push it forward to lower and pull it back to raise it. I want to pull it back to lower and push it forward to lift, can I switch the hoses on the lifting cylinder when I put the new hoses on without messing anything up? Thanks

#2 ·
Ronbuff,

The JD standard for the 316, 318, 420 and 430 is to pull back to raise whatever implement and push forward to lower.

Having said that, I don't believe it will make any difference to the piston as to which hose is hooked up where.

Dave

Reactions: glc
#3 · (Edited)
For some reason I thought this was a 318. Lots of 318 posts today.

I assume your 316 is single spool?
If so, it shouldnt matter, as long as you remember that if you ever need a blade on the front for the float position.

Reactions: glc
#4 ·
Thanks for the replies, just looked through the tm1590 and came to the same conclusion. I had forgotten that I have this manual on my computer until after I had posted this question. But thanks for the response. As soon as I get it a chance to upload all my pictures and do a write up of all the changes that I have made to my 316 and all impliments that I have fabricated, I will post it so everyone can see it. Ya'll have always gave me good advice on how to fix different problems that have arrived during this refit. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.