Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a K321 in my 317. I want to make the swap reversible in case I find a nice twin for it. I just want to be able to run and move the tractor. The flywheel shroud is too low, so I need to lift the engine an inch and a half. Need to have someone fab up some mounts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Putting a K321 in my 317. I want to make the swap reversible in case I find a nice twin for it. I just want to be able to run and move the tractor. The flywheel shroud is too low, so I need to lift the engine an inch and a half. Need to have someone fab up some mounts.
Do the holes line up so you just need a 1-1/2 inch spacer, or do you need a different bolt pattern? And where are you?

Eric

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Entirely different bolt pattern.

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
I’m assuming you mean that the crank is to low? That’s what matters, not the tin.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I need to do to get a proper measurement is to bolt the cradle sides together to keep the cradle from pushing apart when setting the engine down in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So guess I just need a shallow pan and 2 pieces of square steel to put the motor in. One thing I'm not looking forward to is having to cut the oil splasher off the rod.

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Even the kt17 series 1 isn’t bad. If you didn’t sidehill while low on oil it was well lubricated. The only issue was when low on oil and also tilted.

Kt17 series 2 had no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem ins't doubt, it's the inability to even just find a KT17. Plus I like the single cylinders.

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Problem ins't doubt, it's the inability to even just find a KT17. Plus I like the single cylinders.
I understand opinions and plans can change, but that doesn’t make history go away.

I base my comments on what you have shared. If you’re not saying what you mean, then you won’t find much help. I’ve yet to see a member with psychic abilities.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im putting in the engine and the flywheel shroud is much larger than the flywheel itself, and in it's current state, it's too large to bring the motor back enough to be on the flywheel adapter's key. Luckily though they made the shroud curved on the bottom, so if I bring the motor up I can also bring it back.
Everything else fits just fine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im putting in the engine and the flywheel shroud is much larger than the flywheel itself, and in it's current state, it's too large to bring the motor back enough to be on the flywheel adapter's key. Luckily though they made the shroud curved on the bottom, so if I bring the motor up I can also bring it back.
Everything else fits just fine, but I'm not sure about the PTO...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hmmm, If pto fits crankshaft, that's half the battle. Next is position, front to rear. I'd mount the engine to favor the pto...to mule drive pulleys or snow blower pulley. You can make drive shaft longer or shorter, but pulleys really should be aligned for any decent belt life. Bob

Reactions: KennyP
1 - 12 of 12 Posts