Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a new to me model 49 snowblower on a 317. I installed the snowblower for the first time and when I raise the blower the left side doesn’t raise to the same height as the right.
Long story short, the blower sits on an angle when in the raised position. Is this normal for these blowers or something else like user error during set up or worn parts etc,

Thank you

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
That’s normal, they lift crooked and don’t lift high.

It possible the pivot bolts are worn, but it still won’t be great even if repaired.

Reactions: Taylord117

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Your 49 should not "hang" crooked when raised. Bottom line is does it sit flat when lowered?

Could be a few reasons for "hanging" crooked:
Rear tires: Check that they're the same size, tread pattern and pressure is the same in both.
Frame: Possible, but not probable your frame is twisted (from previous owner "doing" something). Measure from bottom of pins where 49 mounts to the frame. This should be the same from one side to the other side... assuming rear tires & pressures are correct!
49 frame bent or pivots worn: Lift/pry/pull on arms from back of blower housing. This is where the hosing pivots and possibly one side is worn more than the other. You can also measure from pivot points to ground. Arms to housing may also be bent from hitting something. This is a little more difficult to detect, but CLOSE measurements may show it.

The other thing, are you talking a 1/4" or 3"? IBob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did get things looked over and I believe it was just air pressure in my tires. They didn't look flat or even low but I guess with the extra weight of the blower it made the difference, everything looks normal after filling the tires. The pins do have a small amount of play but nothing to be concerned about this season. Sorry for the delay in posting an update, life got busy. Thank you for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts