Green Tractor Talk banner

318 governor cup bushing missing

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  bunge 
#1 ·
Seems like the bushing isn't available, how much damage would occur if it isn't in? Don't know how long it's been gone now but see no wear marks on cup or pin.

#3 ·
Sorry first time working on an onan so not very
knowledgeable about them,can get a picture in awhile. It is the bushing in the governor cup. When I picked up the 318 it had very low compression 25 and 35.Oil in the cylinders helped a little bit so I tried to adjust the valves but when I got one side right and did the other side the first side was way off. Cam bearings were shot. Cam and everything looked and measured fine so got new bearings and rings and installed. Now there's a click at one point when I turn it over by hand.It doesn't do it without the cam in. Just got to that point last night so will check it out further later today. Hoping not bent cam has anyone seen that happen with these? It is a 1986 b43g.

#5 ·
Are you just checking at tdc, or tdc on the compression stroke? There is a difference. Are you giving the engine time to stabilize at 70 degrees or just measuring at whatever temperature ?

Reactions: glc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.