Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have power at the starter ie connection from battery but the purple wire spade terminal on the solenoid has no power.. I believe it should cause then it goes to the ignition switch.. so iam guessing I need a solenoid that's connected to my starter! But if I run a wire from positive side of coil to battery she'll turn over and start but won't shut off until battery disconnects. Anyone have the issue. Starter looks newer.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Very Unpredictable Disposition
14,565 Posts
Depending on your S/N, check the 20 AMP fuse(F1). See lower image.

Also, the Brake Switch, Transmission Neutral Switch and the Front and Rear PTO Switches need to be closed for the Ignition Switch to send the Start Signal, through the Purple Wire to the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok so I will check all them I thought there was always power from the purple goin to ignition switch then from key switch to the timing module It would go through all the safety stuff my tractor is an 86 so no safety switch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at diagram my tractor doesn't have the red wire from starter solenoid to key switch which is f3 is that normal.its an 86 it just has purple wire and the relay kit installed

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,565 Posts
Ah! Ok.
So I will check all them.
I thought there was always power from the purple going to ignition switch, then from key switch to the timing module.
It would go through all the safety stuff.
My tractor is an 86, so no safety switch.
OK!

I fixed it for you. (y)

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,565 Posts
Looking at diagram my tractor doesn't have the red wire from starter solenoid to key switch which is f3 is that normal.its an 86 it just has purple wire and the relay kit installed
Red wire feeds the Ignition Switch.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,565 Posts
My Technical Manual shows the Red Wire(with 25 AMP breaker, from Starter "B" terminal to Key Switch "B" terminal) on all Serial Number tractors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep must have forgotten that wire...on reinstall of everything. I am guessing same terminal the batt cable is on up to the breaker then ignition. It's been awhile with everything apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts