Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all new to site here. Couple of questions .I have a 318 with a p series onan that my stepson just used for a senior project on a engine rebuild ran fine just few oil leaks but overall good shape.Brought it home and had to finish hooking up wiring as he ran out of time at school. At this time I cannot get any spark ?This is a non points motor I have power to the positive side of the coil and also seeing test light on negative side .Engine grounds clean and hooked up,wiring is in good shape just cant figure out why cant get any spark ? Wondering if possible coil bad or ignition module ? Second question is my spare is a 316 with a b series onan . Last week popped the 20 amp fuse under battery box and since have replaced ignition switch,pto switch,unit will run but battery lamp is on and pto will not engauge ?Had a spare regulator around and it did not solve my charging issue. wondering if possible time delay control issue ? Wanted to add that I did check safety switches for pto problem . Thanks for any and all help as the grass is really growing at this time ! Todd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well chuck thanks for your very usefull info ! As I dig forward on my p-series I have found that my boy forgot to install the rotor for the pick up on the ignition. Guess its coming back out of frame and installed. Hopefully this will get this tractor up and running. As for the 316 the pto light is not coming on when the switch is moved to the on position ?The only lamp that comes on is the battery lamp and I did check my battery voltage its definitely not charging ? Any other ideas you may have are greatly appreciated ! Again thank you for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.