Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but I'm trying to determine how to connect a replacement alternator (permanent magnet type) on our JD 322. The previous owners of the tractor cut off the "T" shaped connector and replaced it with ordinary spade connectors. The wires aren't color coded (both wires same color) on either the wires coming from the alternator, the wires going to the alternator or the wires from the rectifier. This makes me think it doesn't matter which goes where. The only thing that implies polarity is the original T connector.

Am I correct in my assumption that it doesn't matter? If not, how do you determine which wire connects to which when JD didn't color code them.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
The output of the alternator that goes into the regulator is AC -- so yes the two wires are not sensitive to position in this particular case. Here is the wiring detail showing the two black wires from the alternator -- their order does not matter.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.