Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 322 garden tractor with the carb off the machine. So I do not know what goes where and I have no manual yet. Fuel shut off, choke and fuel line were easy. Cannot determine where throttle connects. Seems to be a lever on front if carb and another lever that us beneath the manifold that seem like likely places. Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an exploded view of that area from the PC2149 and a section from the service manual TM1591 which might help you...There is a link to the governor of course.
View attachment 745132
Thank you. Throttle conbected now. It looks lije I am missing whatever connects the governor to the idle screw adjuster area. Does a sring go there?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I think link 8 in the exploded view of the governor is what connects the carburetor throttle shaft to the governor. The second illustration is from the TM1591 Technical Manual and shows t he range of motion at the carburetor of the governor link when the engine is not running and the throttle lever is moves through its range of motion. You need these manuals if you are going to keep the tractor. I have attached working copies until you can purchase your full set.
Text Auto part Diagram Design Automotive exterior

Text Line Font

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much. I believe you are correct in I need link 8 and maybe spring 9. Do you think John Deere can supply them? I was at a dealer today but not much success. Are there used parts sources?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I rebuilt the carb on my 322. When reassembled, throttle plate was hitting base of carb. Be VERY careful when installing governor link & spring. After installing link ONLY, place carb on manifold, start bolts in, and check for full movement of throttle plate. If OK, install spring into same holes in governor and carb...spring just keeps tension on link and eliminates slop in holes. I can't remember which side it goes into, but if you start link into governor arm on the wrong side (starting from/carb inside vs staring from outside (away from carb), it'll bind! Trail & error, sorry! Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts