Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tractor is new to me and had the mower on when I got it but have never mowed just engaged the blades and raised and lowered deck. I did use this past winter with a blade and snow blower and have posted about that. Now there is no response when trying to raise or lower the deck. The OP manual I got with the tractor is useless as is the deck manual.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
There is an adjuster on the rear rockshaft that limits how far down the deck goes.

It only effects the deck and 3-point hitch so many people lock them up for winter duty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rydplrs,

You got it. I never touched that adjustment until now, maybe the PO locked it up or maybe it vibrated some while I was plowing snow and blowing snow who knows. This is what I found when I went out to take a look.

OOkCGtJTSQ22T0kcKFKBYg.jpg

I just turned it in to where it looked like it had been previously and everything is good now. Thank You for your help.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You need to use that to set the deck mowing height also. remember the deck hangs off the frame of the tractor. It doesn't ride on the wheels of the deck, they are anti-scalping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reminder, I was just happy to see the lift work. I did notice a diagram on the deck that must be used to gage the cut height . Will take another look tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts