Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !!! Im new here but I have a issue with my beloved 1991 JD322 ran fine last year, went to fire it up after changing plugs,checking all fluids and basic first start of year go overs ... and not getting any fire,motor turns over fine,threw a lil fuel directly in carb checked res at coils all 3 were 4.9 - 5.0 , Pulsars ? elec module ?
Any Ideas ? And thanks !!!

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Did you check the fuses and the condition of the fuse holders?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
When you say it’s not getting fire, did you check by grounding a plug and observing no spark or use a spark tester? Or just going off the fact it hasn’t started yet?
Did it run this year before you changed the plugs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say it’s not getting fire, did you check by grounding a plug and observing no spark or use a spark tester? Or just going off the fact it hasn’t started yet?
Did it run this year before you changed the plugs?
I have not checked plugs for spark,was assuming with no pop from motor no spark at plugs,will do in the morning ,....And no this was first fire up of the year.Had not tried to start since December 2020.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have not checked plugs for spark,was assuming with no pop from motor no spark at plugs,will do in the morning ,....And no this was first fire up of the year.Had not tried to start since December 2020.
Check for actual spark at the plugs, either ground out a plugs electrode on the engine and observe the gap for spark while cranking the engine or use an inline spark tester. Then move on to make sure fuel is making it to the carb. Then you’d want to check your compression.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok no spark at any of the plugs,fuse is good,fuel is not the issue,cranking fine but no spark ran fine last year ......

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Next would be check spark plug cables, then coils, then the ignition module. Check to see if voltage is getting to from coils.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New plugs, ran insulation core test on all coils shows 0.42 res on all 3 coils .......res between + and - post on each coil is 4.9 to 5.0, (Spark plug wires look to be OE , any way to test them ?) ..... Seems very unlikely that all 3 coils would fail at the same time or pulsars for that matter ..... I have no spark at any cylinder. Ty for your responses !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts