Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father-in-law gave me his 325 lawn tractor cause he couldn't get it to start. Well I was able to get the mower to start by jumping the fuel shut off directly to the battery, just to see if it would run. I checked for voltage on wire that connects to the fuel shut off while key is on and it has no voltage. Also while I had mower running for a min, the PTO clutch would not engage either. To turn the mower off, I had to disconnect the 12 volt lead I used to bypass the electrical system on the fuel shut off. Any ideas on the issue that's causing the no voltage to the fuel shut off?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
My father-in-law gave me his 325 lawn tractor cause he couldn't get it to start. Well I was able to get the mower to start by jumping the fuel shut off directly to the battery, just to see if it would run. I checked for voltage on wire that connects to the fuel shut off while key is on and it has no voltage. Also while I had mower running for a min, the PTO clutch would not engage either. To turn the mower off, I had to disconnect the 12 volt lead I used to bypass the electrical system on the fuel shut off. Any ideas on the issue that's causing the no voltage to the fuel shut off?
I would start with fuses,safety switches and any loose grounds.The pto wouldn't work unless you were sitting on the seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the two fuses on the key ignition module. I was seating in the seat when I tried the PTO. I traced the wire for the fuel shut off back to the module and checked for voltage on the module while key was on but no voltage. I haven't tried checking voltage going to the PTO yet. I believe the module is bad but instead of buying a new one, I'm going to replace the relay that's on the module and try that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issues for a GX325

I have a GX325 with very similar issues. No voltage to fuel cutoff, pto doesn't engage, seat safety switch not working and ignition key off position not working either. I start it by replacing the fuel cutoff with an 8MM screw and shut it off by removing the spark plug wires. I think there is a sequence of events here so if we solve the first one the rest will fall into line. I checked & cleaned my fuses and grounding harness with no change. Hoping for more ideas!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a GX325 with very similar issues. No voltage to fuel cutoff, pto doesn't engage, seat safety switch not working and ignition key off position not working either. I start it by replacing the fuel cutoff with an 8MM screw and shut it off by removing the spark plug wires. I think there is a sequence of events here so if we solve the first one the rest will fall into line. I checked & cleaned my fuses and grounding harness with no change. Hoping for more ideas!
I believe I may have found the problem. Took advice to step back and look at one circuit at a time and found this on the back of the pcb:

pcb_closeup.jpg

Here is what it is supposed to look like, that broken circuit from above connects two blue arrows of which the one on the right is the fuel solenoid:
pcb_new.JPG

I will either solder a wire across the gap or connect the two blue arrows with an insulated wire. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
796 Posts
That will probably get it going, but you will need to find out why it drew so much current to burn the trace off. Check find bad diodes/resistors on the board. Also check the fuel solenoid, especially the current draw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts