Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing some things on my 330 and the fuel system is finally getting its turn. I got new grommets and screen (from deere) and the hose to the bottom of tank. I got the return fitting in perfectly, but the pickup is definitely giving me a hard time. I've tried grease, vaseline, different ways of sticking the whole concoction down the hole and it just won't fit. Is there a certain way to do it that I am not seeing? Also I'm having an issue with the screen hitting the bottom and bending it when I don't want to. Any tips/help is appreciated!

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
The bushing needs to be in the middle of the pickup hose when installed, then you press the elbow into the bushing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I too have had the same issue with my 420 with trying to set the bushing in place with the fittings installed in the bushing. I slowly learned after a while to install the bushing only in the tank, and then install the ffittings in through the installed bushing. If only I had known then what I knew now, :dunno:

Dave

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out hat my problem was. I had guessed my hose was a tad bit too thick and I was right. I ordered some stuff from GPS and got some clear 1/4" oil hose and it went a lot smoother. Now I need to reinstall the alternator and test the tractor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts