Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 335 Garden Tractor, Kubota BX2000
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have a 335 with 730 hrs and it bogs down when I engage the mower. It'll come back up to full power after 5-10 secs but its never done this before. Also, if I run the throttle up quickly from idle then engine stumbles and will stall if I don't bring it back down and slowly increase the throttle. Last week I put in new plugs (both old ones looks OK), fuel filter and air filter. Oil is brand new as well. Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Warm up the engine more.

This is typical for the Kawasaki twins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE - I just pulled the coils off and one of them is clearly in rough shape. The spark plug wire insulation is chaffed all the way down to bare wire in one spot. Pretty sure that's my issue. I'll put 2 new coils on tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Probably not your issue, but if you have never adjusted your valves, you're past due.

I would suggest doing the work sequentially and verifying you've addressed your current issue otherwise you risk introducing new variables.

Best

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New coils installed tonight and its back to perfect. However, @denverguy I have never adjusted the valves so I'll play with that this weekend. Thank you for the advise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.