Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 335 that is in excellent condition other than the hood which is completely gone. I have been looking for a used one but not having much luck. I ran across a 345 that has a brand new hood but the engine is shot. My questions: Are there any differences other than the engine between the 335 and 345. If not, would the hood off of the 345 work on the 335? Would the engine from a 335 fit on the 345 if there are other features on the 345? I can pick up the 345 with new hood and good seat for less than it would cost me to buy a hood for the 345.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They're the same tractor with the exception that the 345 has a liquid cooled engine and the 335 has an air cooled engine. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a John Deere 335 that is in excellent condition other than the hood which is completely gone. I have been looking for a used one but not having much luck. I ran across a 345 that has a brand new hood but the engine is shot. My questions: Are there any differences other than the engine between the 335 and 345. If not, would the hood off of the 345 work on the 335? Would the engine from a 335 fit on the 345 if there are other features on the 345? I can pick up the 345 with new hood and good seat for less than it would cost me to buy a hood for the 345.
The lower hood is a different part number from the 325/335 and the 345. Possibly a little taller to make room for the radiator?
I'm not saying it won't fit but its not identical. I doubt its a huge difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts