Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 335 Garden Tractor, Kubota BX2000
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Just picked up a 2000 335 with a 48 inch deck. Everything was great until yesterday. The mower deck will not disengage using the switch. I have to shut the engine off completely and then it will disengage. Hopefully just a PTO switch but would love to hear your thoughts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. i'll give it a shot. I did take the switch out, cleaned the contacts and put it back in but there was no jiggling involved. I'll let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...the new switch went in this weekend and didn't change anything. Still not shutting the PTO off.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I would double check the airgap on the pto, maybe it’s uneven and causing binding.

Reactions: flyweight

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,790 Posts
I would double check the airgap on the pto, maybe it’s uneven and causing binding.
I agree with rydplrs. (y) Check the air-gap first.
I think the gap is supposed to be 0.015 - 0.018, but you may want to verify that.
With the engine shut off and PTO switch dis-engaged, use a feller-gauge to check the air-gap at the location of the red arrow. Air-gap is adjusted by turning the 3 retaining nut in or out.

If that doesn't work, the contact plate may also be warped. That would mean replacing the electric clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.