Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 3350 tractor that is giving me problems with the transmission oil pump, so i am trying to figure out what it functions, of this pump because the mechantist is charging alot for the repair,it is a 4wheel drive,I feel as it is getting lazy and the PTO shutoff handle dont stay up,the way it suppose to be. I also already repaired the 4 wheel Clutch kit, i apprective if you guys send me something.

Pump Number is AL120107
This pump is super expensive almost 1000 dollars.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Nelson, I would like to confirm that this a 3350 European tractor. Can you post a serial number for that tractor? I will need to do a little research. It sounds like you may have more than one problem. I don't think that the PTO handle would be related to the trans/charge pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a European Tractor it is a SG2CAB
Tractor ID: L03350C722547
Transmission ID: LOTSG31395415
Yeah PTO handle is related is to the transmission pump,when the tractor is on the oil pressure will hold the PTO handle up.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
There are other reasons for the pto lever not staying engaged besides a worn pump. The pto clutch circuit could have a leak. The mfwd clutch circuit or HI-LO if equipped could have leaks also. The transmission pump discharge tube could be cracked or the tube could slide to the rear too far and cause a leak. I am assuming that the filter, sump screen and filter relief valve have already been ruled out? They are easily checked without splitting the tractor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i changed both filters they are new and also how can you check without splitting the tractor?I still didnt change the original Pump, the pump is still on the tractor.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
OK, The Deere system does not recognize those PIN numbers. I do have some information on a 1990 model year machine. Is this a syncronized tranny or a collar shift?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The filter, sump screen and the filter relief are the easy to check items. The filter relief valve is above the filter in the side of the transmission housing. It should be a hex plug that takes a 1 1/4" wrench to remove. After screwing out plug, pull out the cartrdge valve with needle nose pliers or a magnet. Be sure the spring and roll pin is not broken. Also be sure there is not a piece of dirt holding open the relief valve. After checking that, you really need some pressure gauges and flow meter to check out the transmission pump flow and pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where is the Release Valve or can you give the part number so i can dig it in my book, or a picture from the john deere site with the part number.
Also where can you get the cartrdge valve with needle nose pliers.

Yes,can you please give me some information about this.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The filter relief valve consists of parts numbered 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. Remove plug #10 and parts number 6, 7, 8, and 13 should all come out together if you grab it with needle nosed pliers.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The filter relief valve consists of parts numbered 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. Remove plug #10 and parts number 6, 7, 8, and 13 should all come out together if you grab it with needle nosed pliers.
Can you give me the part number and i will search for my tractor mine is 3350 and i will see if i can print it, also yeah i didnt clean up that one i cleaned up the others but not this one. Can you grab me the part number so i can do some research?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts