Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Task for this morning is to get the snowblower off of the 345 and run around the yard with the aerator. Every thing goes as planned until I go to put the tractor back in the garage and find a capacitor sitting on my driveway. I looks very familiar so I open the hood and there is a spot on the board that until recently had a capacitor. Nothing seems to start, run or work any differently. What does it do? Do I need it? I'll probably get a new cap and solder it on the old board, I hate to think what JD charges for a complete board....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,353 Posts
Task for this morning is to get the snowblower off of the 345 and run around the yard with the aerator. Every thing goes as planned until I go to put the tractor back in the garage and find a capacitor sitting on my driveway. I looks very familiar so I open the hood and there is a spot on the board that until recently had a capacitor. Nothing seems to start, run or work any differently. What does it do? Do I need it? I'll probably get a new cap and solder it on the old board, I hate to think what JD charges for a complete board....

The part # for the board is AM122913. Looks like it runs from $135 - $160 depending on where you buy.

No idea what the cap does. The board itself is for all the interlocks but I don't see any schematics for the board.

·
Premium Member
9,271 Posts
No idea, BUT sometimes a capacitor is used to store "voltage" then this voltage is used to "hold" a relay in the energized state.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That board just sits exposed like that? That's some bull lol. Whoever designed it apparently didn't consider that someone may be working in the vicinity and accidentally whack a tool into it!? $$$

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a new cap online, just going to solder the new one in when time allows. I'd still like to know what it actually does, it doesn't even show on the wiring schematics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts