Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a HD60 power broom for my 3520 which I plan on using for thatching, walnuts, pine cones etc. It mounts on the front quick hitch I already had for my front mount snowblower. I have always taken the whole front assembly ( pto extension ) and auto connect assembly off for the winter months because I never needed both the mid pto, and front pto at the same time. I'm wondering if I've been taking the front pto bracket off needlessly? There is enough play in the pto shaft extension to take it off without removing the front bracket. Just wondering if it will get in the way of the MMM if I leave the bracket on and just remove the shaft? It would make swapping between the broom and the MMM for fall cleanup a lot easier. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
19,220 Posts
I have a 3720 w/ front blade and snowblower, I don't quite follow what you are asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, you should be able to just remove the front shaft and leave everything else.

Reactions: SVJUMPCOACH

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 3520 with a 59 inch front snowblower. I assume that you are referring to the front mounting bracket that supports the drive shaft that runs from the mid PTO. While it can be left on, I prefer to remove the bracket on my tractor for summer use. I move a lot of dirt and horse manure and this prevents the two sets of ball bearing from getting plugged/damaged.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread, but I do have a question...

Is the "Front PTO" simply an extension of the "Mid PTO" on a 3X20 tractor? In other words, is it the same internal mechanisms but with an extension to bring the spline to the front of the tractor?

·
Administrator
19,220 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread, but I do have a question...

Is the "Front PTO" simply an extension of the "Mid PTO" on a 3X20 tractor? In other words, is it the same internal mechanisms but with an extension to bring the spline to the front of the tractor?
Yes, correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts