Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD3520 and have been considering buying a FrontierAP11E 72” Snow Blade for plowing my gravel road. I use a 72” rear blade right now. My thought is I will lose the use of my bucket if I install the blade. Sometimes I have to move snow piles so is the blade worth having in the end? Suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Assuming that you have the JDQA attachment system for your 3520, it's only a matter of a minute or two to swap the bucket and the blade. I have a similar blade for my 3520 and there's really nothing to swapping between the blade and the bucket.

Have you already bought the Frontier AP11E? I don't know if it's hydraulic or not as I really couldn't find anything quickly on it. If it is hydraulic, do you already have a diverter system to control the blade angle? If not, be sure to include an extra $700 or so in your budget for that.

How much snow do you usually get? Is there a reason you don't like the rear blade any more?

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Assuming that you have the JDQA attachment system for your 3520, it's only a matter of a minute or two to swap the bucket and the blade. I have a similar blade for my 3520 and there's really nothing to swapping between the blade and the bucket.

Have you already bought the Frontier AP11E? I don't know if it's hydraulic or not as I really couldn't find anything quickly on it. If it is hydraulic, do you already have a diverter system to control the blade angle? If not, be sure to include an extra $700 or so in your budget for that.

How much snow do you usually get? Is there a reason you don't like the rear blade any more?
https://www.muttonpower.com/p-9221-frontier-72-front-blade-af11e.aspx

Has hydraulic option, but I agree with you as long as he has JDQA, takes seconds to swap between attachments.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
THANKS for the link, Pat! I don't know why my Google search didn't turn up something similar.

Has hydraulic option, but I agree with you as long as he has JDQA, takes seconds to swap between attachments.
The only thing that would slow him down is "depressurizing" the hydraulic lines before reattaching them. But, I regularly switch between my FEL attachments and the depressurizing the lines only adds a few seconds to it. Interestingly, 3 out of my 4 FEL attachments have hydraulic hoses on them. Only my forks do not.

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the reply Mark. I don’t have the hydraulics for the blade and have been considering the manual blade. Tight budget right now. I like the rear blade but when I get snow around a foot it can get challenging but with my bucket I just pick up snow and move it. It takes longer but I haven’t found anything impossible to date. We get around 34” of snow yearly in a normal winter. Is the snow blade really worth spending $1700.00 on considering what I’m doing now?

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mark. I don’t have the hydraulics for the blade and have been considering the manual blade. Tight budget right now. I like the rear blade but when I get snow around a foot it can get challenging but with my bucket I just pick up snow and move it. It takes longer but I haven’t found anything impossible to date. We get around 34” of snow yearly in a normal winter. Is the snow blade really worth spending $1700.00 on considering what I’m doing now?
For 34" of snow annually I wouldn't bother, if the bucket and rear blade have been working I'd stick with that. $1700 is a lot of money for something that might get used a couple of times.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts

If there is a "tight budget", I'd probably skip it for now. If the rear blade is working, keep using it.

You mentioned a gravel driveway - are you having trouble with the rear blade picking up gravel? If so, take a look at a set of Edge Tamers for the front bucket. That would keep the bucket's cutting edge up an inch or so and not pick up gravel. There are a lot of guys on here that have bought them and love them.

By the way.... WELCOME TO GTT!! Don't be a stranger here!! Lots of great folks on here and we're not just limited to tractor advice. There are folks on here who are qualified to give you advice on everything from recipes to home remodeling to your love life!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I will sell you mine for less than that!! It is as near MINT as you could get! Stored in my garage year round so the paint is still shiny!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
And if you and the OP both have Fastenal stores close by, you can ship it if he doesn't want to make the drive.

I bought a similar blade last year from a GTT member in NY. Shipped it from NY to OH for $200. Can't beat that!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
And if you and the OP both have Fastenal stores close by, you can ship it if he doesn't want to make the drive.

I bought a similar blade last year from a GTT member in NY. Shipped it from NY to OH for $200. Can't beat that!!
I just so happen to have a Fastenal store 6 miles away...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts