Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 355D. The exhaust makes me sick. Same thing if I am behind a city bus. It has 2300 hours its complete and runs good. It needs front tires, motor mounts and maybe a new seat. Can anyone give me a price range for it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
If you were closer I'd buy it.Without pics I'd say $3,000.

·
Corndog Hater
10,956 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I love the sweet odor of diesel smoke, but not all the time all day. I wonder, if you want to keep the D, if you could redirect the exhaust in a direction that won't bother you so much. I've done that with my gas GX335 and my 1026r diesel. Seemed like both of them were designed to smoke out operators or black out front mounted equipment. There's a couple of threads on here regarding exhaust mods using materials from plumbing drain parts (both of mine) and home welded up systems... Just a thought... Oh and put me on the list for possible purchase! Maybe you need to do an auction on this site!:laugh:

This thread http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/10272-tired-jds-exhaust-design-failure.html is where I started with my 1026r, that's plain ol' J-trap tubing from a home center. Might give you some ideas. I didn't need to do anything radical to fix either of my machines, but you might want to go up or out in another direction...

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I love the sweet odor of diesel smoke, but not all the time all day. I wonder, if you want to keep the D, if you could redirect the exhaust in a direction that won't bother you so much. I've done that with my gas GX335 and my 1026r diesel. Seemed like both of them were designed to smoke out operators or black out front mounted equipment. There's a couple of threads on here regarding exhaust mods using materials from plumbing drain parts (both of mine) and home welded up systems... Just a thought... Oh and put me on the list for possible purchase! Maybe you need to do an auction on this site!:laugh:

This thread http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/10272-tired-jds-exhaust-design-failure.html is where I started with my 1026r, that's plain ol' J-trap tubing from a home center. Might give you some ideas. I didn't need to do anything radical to fix either of my machines, but you might want to go up or out in another direction...
But then Jackson has got to buy motor mounts and front tires. lol

Could it be that it's just time for a new tractor? I had a couple coworkers with the same problem. Every time they were ready to unload the vehicle they were driving. Some kind of irreversible problem pops up that can only be fixed by replacing it with something else. lol The one guy usually traded used for used. However the other guy would keep buying new Chevys. Even though any problem that the car had was still covered under warranty. If I had so many problems with a particular brand I would never buy another one. Maybe that's the excuse to justify another new car to his wife. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts