Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing a JD 366 front blade for my 2006 JD 3520 tractor. I already have the 59" front mount snowblower and all hardware to use that.

So my question is what other hardware will I need to make the 366 front blade work?
I don't want to buy the whole package from Deere as I believe there is duplication of hitches etc. I've checked pics on the net and some front blades have long arms that extend way underneath the tractor frame mounting near the loader...others just show the A frame and 2 small bars ( like I have on my snowblower ) attaching to the tractor?

As far as I am able to determine when you buy the 366 plow from Deere, you end up with the whole hitch and arms etc etc......or am I missing something here.?
I thought the swap between 59 blower and 366 was basically 'plug n play'? Or no?

And will the 366 plow set up interfere with the loader mast mounts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Not sure about the 366 but I have a 54” front blade for my 955. Mounts just like the 59 blower does. But I don’t think it’s a sturdy as the 366. But for moving snow it works quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Busman and PJR832

·
Administrator
18,525 Posts
You did not specify if the front hitch you have is the newer 3PH style now used for the blade, broom and blower?

IMG_5880.jpg

If so then all you need is the blade part:
IMG_5972.jpg

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did not specify if the front hitch you have is the newer 3PH style now used for the blade, broom and blower?

View attachment 528386

If so then all you need is the blade part:
View attachment 528394
I was just in the shop looking at my 59" blower and I see the how the front hitches attached to the blower....the 'A' frame part is welded to the bracket that is bolted onto the blower ??
See attached pic.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,525 Posts
OK so you have the front 3PH just like I do. All you need is the blade.

Your blower is supposed to come off the triangular part with that large bolt to remove it from the tractor, but the last time I took my blade off I did the same as you-I just unpinned the top and lower links and slid it away.

Edit:

The "welded" part is the female side on the implement, the male part is what you see on the front of my tractor. Look at the pics in this link to understand better: http://www.ironsearch.com/Blade/John-Deere/366/2833149/Detail.aspx?SK=BL-JD

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so you have the front 3PH just like I do. All you need is the blade.

Your blower is supposed to come off the triangular part with that large bolt to remove it from the tractor, but the last time I took my blade off I did the same as you-I just unpinned the top and lower links and slid it away.

Edit:

The "welded" part is the female side on the implement, the male part is what you see on the front of my tractor. Look at the pics in this link to understand better: http://www.ironsearch.com/Blade/John-Deere/366/2833149/Detail.aspx?SK=BL-JD
Got it. Thanks Kenny. Pictures did the trick in understanding the set up for the blade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts