Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I already own the Mastercool 45 degree hydraulic flaring kit for use in the automotive world. It's a great tool that forms single, double, bubble and long/short push to connect fuel line fittings. I would like to make my own hydraulic hard lines for a 3rd, 4th and 5th scv install like Catndoo did recently. I think I found the right dies to make these 37 degree hydraulic flares for the tool I already own. Are these the flaring dies I would need for tractor hydraulic work? Mastercool (MAS71098) 37 Degree Flaring and Double Flaring Adapter Set - Amazon.com If others agree or can confirm these are the dies I need I would gladly make a video on how to make these lines and flares. The set flares tubing up to 1/2".

Reactions: raco232

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
FuelHog I like the idea as well. I can't answer your question but hopefully someone will. The next question that I have is where is a good place to purchase the tubing, what type of tubing and also what type of bending tool should be used? Lots of questions. I like the idea of being able to make our own hard line tubing where it would work best.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FuelHog I like the idea as well. I can't answer your question but hopefully someone will. The next question that I have is where is a good place to purchase the tubing, what type of tubing and also what type of bending tool should be used? Lots of questions. I like the idea of being able to make our own hard line tubing where it would work best.
My local machine shop carries steel hydraulic line in various thicknessess and diameter. I own my own tubing bender so that's not a problem. I think I will get the dies. They appear to be what I need to do hydraulic work. I will ask my machine shop about the dies before I purchase them.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey All

I used an Imperial Eastman 364 FHA 3/8 OD bender like the one pictured below. My tubing came from Grainger industrial supply. :thumbup1gif: Unfortunately, I do not know about the master cool 37 degree dies. :unknown:

Cat
Cat you used 3/8" OD tubing for your build? What made you choose 3/8"? What did you use for a flareing tool? I am very interested in doing hard lines for mine as well.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is just a 37* flaring tool and kit from the same company http://www.mastercool.com/media/71480-FLR.pdf along with the instructions http://www.mastercool.com/media/71480-INST-UNIV.pdf. Here is the best price I could find for it Rakuten.com - Mastercool (MSC71480) 37 Degree Flaring and Double Flaring Hydraulic Tool Kit
Yes, that is the tool I own but I have the 45 degree dies. The 37 degree dies will fit and do what I want them to according to Mastercool. It's a really nice tool.

Reactions: raco232 and andy b.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why 3/8' od tubing?

Cat you used 3/8" OD tubing for your build? What made you choose 3/8"? What did you use for a flareing tool? I am very interested in doing hard lines for mine as well.
3/8" OD tubing is what JD used on the 1026R model. I did not what to compromise the hydraulic system by going with smaller OD tubing. Smaller tubing will surely increase flow velocity and may restrict the open center free flow of the system. In all actuality, the tubing I used was .049 wall and felt somewhat heavier then the original JD tubing.

The flaring tool used was an Imperial Eastman 402-FA Kit. This kit includes the 400-F, 37 degree, ROL-AIR Flaring tool and 401-FA reaming tool. This is a pricey kit, but it does stainless flaring with ease.:thumbup1gif:

Cat

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.