Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, we had our John Deer 3720 looked at, because the PTO was rubbing on the hydraulic arms lifting and lowering the belly mower deck (Iron7, 72" deck). The servcie professional said that the hydraulic arms are busted up and need to be replaced. Is that an easy repair to do ourselves? Are there instructions anywhere on how to do that? Is there a good place to buy these parts?

Sorry for all the questions, but if we are not able to repair it ourselves we would have to invest into a zero turn mower instead.

Have a happy day!

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Can you possibly take some photos of the part that is broken? I'm sure we can probably help but less folks use a belly mower on the 3-series compared to the smaller tractors. So less "experience pool" to pull from. ;-)

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you possibly take some photos of the part that is broken? I'm sure we can probably help but less folks use a belly mower on the 3-series compared to the smaller tractors. So less "experience pool" to pull from. ;-)
Thank you for the reply! I will provide photos as soon as the green baby is back home. Hopefully in the next couple of days! THen I should be able to crawls under there and take some good pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rocker arm broken

so short update: turned out the rocker arm was broken, that lifted the deck. It was almost broken straight through. I took it off and had it bent back and welded. Now the PTO does not touch anymore!! The bushings are still loose and we will replace them over the winter as well as welding one of the wheels back on the deck straight. I guess the deck took a pretty massive impact somewhere...

Thanks for the help and encouragement!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts