Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 3720 has 3000 hours. I’ve only had for few months. I used tiller and brush hog recently with no issues. I added a 3rd function valve and when finished pto will not work. Light on panel will come on when activating switch but nothing else. I’m getting power to the pto solenoid, and I’ve replaced the solenoid. Also pulled solenoid and block to inspect. All clean, no gum. The lever to move between mid and rear pto will only move about 1/4”. That seems odd, minimal movement. I can fill one detent when moving lever by hand and the panel light will move between rear and mid pto when activating switch. It has fluid. When activating pto switch you can not turn pto by hand. When not on, you can turn about half turn before hitting something internal and stopping (both directions). I also tried bypassing the 3rd functioning valve since it is coincidental that is when it stopped working. I bypassed by connecting hoses by new valve, not by putting the old tube back on. I’m tempted to put old tube back on. One thing to add. I could not get the plastic cover under the seat off, it seemed to be jammed on something. Could something have come unplugged while trying to get that cover off that is related? Any ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Nothing from me, but as the owner of a 3520, I am watching this thread.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,963 Posts
Cab or open station?

How exactly did you plumb in this new valve? Was it Open Center w/Power Beyond?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No cab. The tube between power beyond port on loader valve and the back of tractor was removed. One line from the 3rd functioning valve was ran to power beyond port, and the 2nd line ran to back of tractor. Currently I disconnected the hoses from 3rd valve and connected together just to bypass the new valve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I put the stock tube back on this evening just to see what happened. Still no pto. I have power to the solenoid. I have fluid to the solenoid valve block. I can not hear a click when activating pto switch. My hearing isn’t great either though. I do not have fluid beyond the solenoid block. If valve was opening wouldn’t I have fluid past the block? It looks like that valve is $924, which is a very expensive experiment. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you’re doing all of the mechanical work yourself, I’d remove the 3rd function valve that you added and put everything back the way it was originally. You can narrow it down to weather it’s what you did or if it’s a new problem with the tractor. :unknown:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had already went back to stock to see if anything changed with no luck. But since, I have had a JD tech look at it. He believes there is a problem with the pto block itself. So the part is ordered and hopefully will fix the issue. I will post an update when I know more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had already went back to stock to see if anything changed with no luck. But since, I have had a JD tech look at it. He believes there is a problem with the pto block itself. So the part is ordered and hopefully will fix the issue. I will post an update when I know more.
Don't know if you have fixed this, but also just tapping on the PTO solenoid and valve lightly with a hammer with the PTO engaged. The valve can get stuck. A little encouragement might get it working again. This happens to me when I don't use the PTO for periods of time on my 3520.

You can easily test the switch for continuity before you buy one... very simple electrical part -- either works or it doesn't...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts