Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a rear snowblower on my 3720 and it was used for years by a municipality. I am pretty sure everything worked when I bought the tractor but now trying to get the blower running for the season, the electrical system to divert from front to rear doesn't divert. Right now only the front works, which runs the front blade. I changed the DIN connector and the light inside comes on when I flick the switch but the DIN is not plugged into the diverter. When its plugged in no light comes on at all and obviously doesn't divert. It also spins freely on about a 45 degree angle. Can the diverter suddenly stop working or freeze up?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I figured out the manual override button in the brass center of the head on the top. It works and the manifold works for the rear implement, so it seems that however the mechanism works to divert the flow isn't working. Anybody know how it works and what may some my issue?

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
The diverters are known for seizing up internally if they aren’t regularly exercised. You’ll probably need to open the diverted up and carefully remove and clean the spool. Do not use sandpaper, only something like light steel wool. Once working again, make sure to activate it once in a while to keeps things moving around a bit. :good2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The diverters are known for seizing up internally if they aren’t regularly exercised. You’ll probably need to open the diverted up and carefully remove and clean the spool. Do not use sandpaper, only something like light steel wool. Once working again, make sure to activate it once in a while to keeps things moving around a bit. :good2:
Thanks. I will try that next chance I get.

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts