Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been awhile but I want to do a full service on my 3720. Besides engine oil and filter, hydro oil and filter, front diff oil, fuel filers. Is there anything else I’m missing. I think I have 620 hours on it. I did the outer air filter last year.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Greasing, check lug nuts and tire pressure......could also change coolant

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Check/clean the cabin filter, check torque on the the loader and wheel bolts, otherwise sounds like you have it covered.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Be sure to check the front axle torque bolt as indicated in the manual. I found mine quite loose at < 400 hours.

Adjusting Front Axle Thrust Bolt Torque
NOTE: Adjust bolt torque at the required service interval to prevent excessive forward and rearward movement of the front axle.
1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the Safety section.)
2. Raise front axle off ground to take machine weight off the front axle.
3. Loosen jam nut (A).
4. Tighten bolt (B) to 32 Nm (24 lb-ft). Do not overtighten.
5. Tighten back the jam nut.
6. Lower front axle back to ground.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check/clean the cabin filter, check torque on the the loader and wheel bolts, otherwise sounds like you have it covered.
Cab filter was full of grass and stuff. I have never replaced it so maybe it’s time for that as well.

Reactions: rtgt and Kennyd

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I when to Deere after work today. 306 bucks later for 6 gals of hydro oil and a 87 dollar filter.
6 qt engine oil and filter. Both fuel filters, 2 gal. Front axle oil. I passed on the cab filter at 37 bucks. There is also a lva12726 inline hydro oil filter I didn’t get. That was 64 bucks I think. Do you think that should be changed as well. I felt like I was walking funny when I left. Lol
also will I need 1 more gallon of hydro oil as I think it take 6.8 gallons.

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
I when to Deere after work today. 306 bucks later for 6 gals of hydro oil and a 87 dollar filter.
6 qt engine oil and filter. Both fuel filters, 2 gal. Front axle oil. I passed on the cab filter at 37 bucks. There is also a lva12726 inline hydro oil filter I didn’t get. That was 64 bucks I think. Do you think that should be changed as well. I felt like I was walking funny when I left. Lol
Absolutely! Why put in 6+ gallons of clean hydraulic fluid and only change ONE of the filters? You can sometimes get away with only changing the filters and not the fluid but if changing the fluid you always want to change all filters and clean any suction screens if they exist.

I would also recommend the cabinet filter (unless you can get a 3rd party one cheaper somewhere else). At 620 hrs it is probably pretty funky. Those other filters are for the engine to breath, the cabinet filter is for YOU to breath. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely! Why put in 6+ gallons of clean hydraulic fluid and only change ONE of the filters? You can sometimes get away with only changing the filters and not the fluid but if changing the fluid you always want to change all filters and clean any suction screens if they exist.

I would also recommend the cabinet filter (unless you can get a 3rd party one cheaper somewhere else). At 620 hrs it is probably pretty funky. Those other filters are for the engine to breath, the cabinet filter is for YOU to breath. :)
So there is the canister style filter for the hydro and the inline small filter which is 64 bucks or so. That’s it correct for the hydro oil. Will it take 6.8 gallons when you change the oil or does some tay in the machine?

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
There is a procedure in the manual for cleaning the inline filter, no need to replace it. I just blow out the cab filter too.

NOTE: The inline hydraulic filter should be cleaned at the same time the transmission oil is changed, but not every time. See SERVICE INTERVALS.

MX20942

8. Clean inline hydraulic filter:

a. Position drain pan under filter (G).

b. Remove filter from lines.

c. Remove nut (H) with internal element from case.

d. Clean case and internal element with a mild solvent. Allow to dry.

NOTE: Direction-of-flow arrow on filter points toward transmission fitting.

e. Assemble and install hydraulic filter assembly.

Reactions: OxPath and jgayman

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
So there is the canister style filter for the hydro and the inline small filter which is 64 bucks or so. That’s it correct for the hydro oil. Will it take 6.8 gallons when you change the oil or does some tay in the machine?
It looks like Kenny posted the excerpt from the Operator's Manual. If you do not have an Owner's Manual I would recommend getting a copy or at the very least review the relevant sections in the on-line manual.

As for the oil capacity, you will typically never be able to drain all the oil from the system. So if they list 6.8 gallons as the total system capacity, expect to put back in a bit less than that.

Reactions: arlen

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
The online version is linked above in post #4. I bought 7 gallons to service mine, I had maybe 1/2 gallon left over. Put that last gallon in slow over a few hours or days, it's very easy to overfill if you don't let it settle.

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The online version is linked above in post #4. I bought 7 gallons to service mine, I had maybe 1/2 gallon left over. Put that last gallon in slow over a few hours or days, it's very easy to overfill if you don't let it settle.
I only picked up 6 gallons so I’ll have to get one more.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
You will have enough to get going with 6 gallons.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So I just went thru this- what did you get for the front axle?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I just went thru this- what did you get for the front axle?
HY-Gard transmission and hydraulic oil
Part TY6354 x 2 gallons

·
Registered
153 Posts
HY-Gard transmission and hydraulic oil
Part TY6354 x 2 gallons
Ok thanks. That is the exact same stuff I bought. I think that’s the cheaper of the two fluids you can put in it. My dealer told me if that has always worked in my 2520 then it should be fine. Keep in mind they live in a heated garage so maybe that makes a difference. I don’t know. The book said something about Jdm 20d. Not sure if that is more synthetic or what? Maybe I just confused myself. I’ll stop now.

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
Ok thanks. That is the exact same stuff I bought. I think that’s the cheaper of the two fluids you can put in it. My dealer told me if that has always worked in my 2520 then it should be fine. Keep in mind they live in a heated garage so maybe that makes a difference. I don’t know. The book said something about Jdm 20d. Not sure if that is more synthetic or what? Maybe I just confused myself. I’ll stop now.
JDM J20D is Low-Viscosity Hy-Gard. JDM J20C is standard viscosity Hy-Gard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts