Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I joined just about two weeks ago and I have been reading some very good stuff so far. So I thought I would see if anyone else owns a 375 backhoe and has had a problem with the retaining pins snapping. The retaining pins that I am talking about are the pins that holds the pin that holds the bucket to the dipperstick. These retaining pins are held in place by a bolt and nut that are attached to the bucket.

While digging the two pins snapped and the pin that held the bucket to the dipperstick slid out on one side. While lefting the arm up I twisted the bucket, the bracket that connects the bucket to the dipperstick piston, and the piston.

My dealer picked it up last week and I am still waiting to see if JD is going to cover it under warranty.

By the way the backhoe is on a JD 3720 cab. I have 208 hours on it and alot of those hours are while using the backhoe.

Any feed back would be great. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,129 Posts
:wgtt:

Is this the correct drawing of what you have? There are several 375 bucket breakdowns on JD Parts.

375bucket.jpg

Sounds like pin #22 broke on your machine. Is that right? If so, when you get the machine back make sure that #18, the actual bucket pin, is well greased. Too much friction on that pin will cause it to try and rotate, instead of letting the bucket rotate on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:wgtt:

Is this the correct drawing of what you have? There are several 375 bucket breakdowns on JD Parts.

View attachment 17625

Sounds like pin #22 broke on your machine. Is that right? If so, when you get the machine back make sure that #18, the actual bucket pin, is well greased. Too much friction on that pin will cause it to try and rotate, instead of letting the bucket rotate on it.
Hi 56fordguy
Yes it is pin#22. I grease the backhoe every 25 hours.

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
Hi 56fordguy
Yes it is pin#22. I grease the backhoe every 25 hours.
IMHO, loaders and backhoes should greased daily before each use. Just my .00000002 cents:drinks:

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
Just to make things clear the 25 hours are tractor hours not backhoe hours.
I wasn't chastising you by any means. I hope you didn't take it that way. :hi:

This was one of those times where it's a good idea to share this for the other people who might read this thread, but not necessarily respond or know to grease their machine often. Grease is cheap compared to repairs.:good2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts