Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a slightly used 375 backhoe for my 3720 can tractor. Now I need the mounting kit, I already have the power beyond. Checked with JD dealer, $4,228 wow! Wish I could find a used kit, or some mounting plates to copy.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just purchased a slightly used 375 backhoe for my 3720 can tractor. Now I need the mounting kit, I already have the power beyond. Checked with JD dealer, $4,228 wow! Wish I could find a used kit, or some mounting plates to copy.
That is outrageous for 150lbs of metal,...

Jeff

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last fall I also purchased a used 375 for my 3720. If you already have power beyond the only thing you need it the kit in the attached picture. However, as I looked for that kit this past winter it is no longer available. What are they trying to sell you for $4228?
The backhoe I bought was on an open station 3720 so I ended up modifying those mounting brackets to work on my tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last fall I also purchased a used 375 for my 3720. If you already have power beyond the only thing you need it the kit in the attached picture. However, as I looked for that kit this past winter it is no longer available. What are they trying to sell you for $4228?
The backhoe I bought was on an open station 3720 so I ended up modifying those mounting brackets to work on my tractor.
The kit you mentioned is the one I need , it sells for $993.30, but is is not available. I can get all of the parts in the kit if I order them individually, but the cost s over $4,000.00

·
Registered
36 Posts
I feel your pain. Could not believe Deere does not have the kit available. I too figured that out after I had purchased the backhoe. Fortunately the guy gave me the mounting plates with it. What tractor did it come off of? Possible to get those mounting plates?

This guy has the same mounting plates for sale that I modified. Mounting plates

·
Registered
749 Posts
Order the kit, measure and take pictures, then return the kit. Maybe you ought to discuss that with your dealer first. Don't burn any bridges if you can help it.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel your pain. Could not believe Deere does not have the kit available. I too figured that out after I had purchased the backhoe. Fortunately the guy gave me the mounting plates with it. What tractor did it come off of? Possible to get those mounting plates?

This guy has the same mounting plates for sale that I modified. Mounting plates
The place I bought it from just had the backhoe only

What for modifications did you have to do to those plates?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Order the kit, measure and take pictures, then return the kit. Maybe you ought to discuss that with your dealer first. Don't burn any bridges if you can help it.
I thought about doing that. The price of the three plates that I would need to make are 3400. The dealer said that if I sent them back I would be charged a 20% restocking fee, ouch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Modifying the plates wasn't to bad. The cab mounting posts interfere with the open station plates. So you have to drill out the third bolt hole from the bottom to fit over a bolt head, cut away some of the the front portion of the main plate and then have to remove some of the secondary plate to get it into place and so it does not hit the cab post.
I also reinforced the hitch like the one in the kit and then made plates that bolt it to the mounting brackets.

I don't have any pictures of the mounted plates but I will attach the pics that I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Modifying the plates wasn't to bad. The cab mounting posts interfere with the open station plates. So you have to drill out the third bolt hole from the bottom to fit over a bolt head, cut away some of the the front portion of the main plate and then have to remove some of the secondary plate to get it into place and so it does not hit the cab post.
I also reinforced the hitch like the one in the kit and then made plates that bolt it to the mounting brackets.

I don't have any pictures of the mounted plates but I will attach the pics that I have.
Thanks!
You did a nice job.
I can handle that, I have a mig welder, plasma, milling machine, and a really awesome drill press.
What about the parts (linkage) ECT.?

·
Registered
36 Posts
With that equipment it will be a piece of cake. The only bracket that I modified was the linkage for the emergency brake. If those parts are reasonably priced you may just want to purchase those.

I mocked up a 1/4" plywood plate to make sure it would fit before I started cutting. Would recommend doing that. Used a mill and a plasma cutter for most of the work but ended fine tuning a little with an angle and die grinder.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks too good to be true, but I might give it a try. Has anyone used this website before? I was scammed on a website that was similar about a year ago, lost about $100

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.