Green Tractor Talk banner

375 backhoe on cabbed 3520.

1666 22
I've had this tractor backhoe setup for years and always been able to deal with issues I have with it because I only use the backhoe a couple times a year. First off, my rock shafts doesn't go high enough to mount my backhoe without using the stabilizer arms to go the extra inch it needs. I've heard the max height is adjustable but not sure how? Second, the controls on the left for the swing left to right, and boom control are insanely jumpy which makes it very hard to operate the hoe quickly. Any way to slow the valve down on the left controls only? Thanks!
Reactions: Superglidesport
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Where would that restrictor hook in? I'm assuming it wouldn't be on the power beyond lines as that would slow down everything it seems? Your restrictors for my 3rd scv works perfectly so I was hoping that would be an option for the backhoe as well, just wasn't sure how to slow one but not the other..
Awesome thanks! Now I'm assuming I would need to do the same to the boom up/down lines? Also, would each line need a restrictor, or just one restrictor on either of the two?
Thanks for the help guys! Mine is stored indoors and has been jumpy since day 1 so I think I'm going to try the restrictor approach. Do you sell them on your site Ken? I fixed the height issue by cutting some metal pipe into sleeves that slide onto the rockshaft pins. They give just the amount extra I needed.
Reactions: stevenk
Ordered thanks!
Reactions: Kennyd
Ordered thanks
Adjusting the rock shaft height is simple. There is a threaded shaft connected on the left side of the rock shaft with a nut on both sides. Loosen the back nut and then turn both nuts to adjust the location on the shaft. I adjusted with the tractor running and the 3 point moved up as I adjusted. I can probably take a picture if that would help.
If you could that would be great! I thought taking slack out of the linkage on the lever itself might work but unfortunately it did not. Definitely would like to do it right. Thanks!
If you wouldn't mind doing that I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Ordered thanks
Thank you! I'm going to try that out first thing in the morning. What year/model is your tractor? I don't remember that piece being on my tractor but I definitely could be wrong.
You were right on the money! I used to have an inch of slack at the top of my 3 point when it was all the way up and about a half turn in on the outside nut eliminated it. Hopefully it will be just enough to fix the backhoe mounting problem. Thanks again!
My tractor is 2012 3720 with cab. I would be very surprised if it different but may be. I believe all 3pts have a similar mechanism or an electronic sensor to limit rock shaft movement so if it is different there should still be something that controls it. Good Luck!!
Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.