Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all found a rental tractor for sale with cab will only take a 375a hoe. I do need to pull some stumps and dig a trench is the power difference dramatic in real world operations ?its a 3033r.

Commentary on a 3033 with factory cab ??

·
Super Moderator
8,196 Posts
I have a 485BH on my 3320 open station tractor. It's a great hoe but it was really designed for 4 & 5 series machines. Has larger hydraulic cylinders (slower cycling) and more reach than the 375. I'd say the 375 would fit between the 46 on a 2 series and the 485. How large are your stumps?? Some say the 3033 cab with ac is underpowered for ground engaging work. BH use shouldn't matter though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you
Think the 485 is too much for the 3 series? Just knocks the tractor around or lifts it up ? Stumps could be up to 12-18 inches

·
Super Moderator
8,196 Posts
Do you
Think the 485 is too much for the 3 series? Just knocks the tractor around or lifts it up ? Stumps could be up to 12-18 inches
No. The 3320 handles it just fine. Having more breakout force, lifting capability and a longer reach are all good things when operating a backhoe. The tractor stays planted just fine. No problems there at all. The only problem is the 485 sets closer to the rear axle than the 375 when mounted to a 3 series. This is for balance purposes and it's too close to fit on the cabbed version.

·
Super Moderator
8,196 Posts
Reactions: RandyM
1 - 6 of 6 Posts