Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up a 3x20 series tractor and also looking at picking up a backhoe. From what I understand the 385A is the new version of the 485. The specs are all very similar. Does anyone know what changed between them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any info? It looks like the 385A has the option of a 9" bucket and it has a step mounted on the arm, but otherwise the specs are almost the same. At this point I'm mainly wondering if one is easier to attach/remove or if they are basically the same.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Anyone have any info? It looks like the 385A has the option of a 9" bucket and it has a step mounted on the arm, but otherwise the specs are almost the same. At this point I'm mainly wondering if one is easier to attach/remove or if they are basically the same.
I would guess they would likely be the same for ease of mounting/removing since most likely the mounts on the tractor are common.

On my 2008 3320 the 447 hoe is very easy to remove/attach, probably under 5 minutes if the 3pt. hitch has already been removed. Having the hoe on a dolly really helps also since you can roll it up to the tractor in perfect alignment the 1st time rather than the usual back and forth with the tractor trying to get it aligned. Plus being on a dolly gives you more storage options in your building.

Good luck on your search, the 3320 is a great tractor.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm looking at picking up a 3x20 series tractor and also looking at picking up a backhoe. From what I understand the 385A is the new version of the 485. The specs are all very similar. Does anyone know what changed between them?
Are you sure that you don’t mean 485 (older) and 485A
I seem to remember that the 485a might not need to remove the 3 point arms for hookup....not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts