Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have 4 inch tall numbers at the end of my driveway,, NO ONE could see them,,,
I even tried different colors,, that did not help,,

We were at Michael's one night, and they had some 12 inch tall steel numbers on clearance,, PERFECT!!

I needed a 6 and a 5,,, they had the 5,, but, I had to settle for a 9,,, up side down,

Well, some one inch solid steel bar, some inch and a half steel bar,,, and an old backhoe bucket,,,
I ended up with a 3D house address number that no one has missed when they drive up to the house!! LOL!!

I sill need some landscape fabric, and some mulch,,,

Do I need to add anything?? :dunno:

:laugh:

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got a slab of Cedar, then with my Router, I carved out the numbers with a big crown molding bit. I stained the Cedar dark brown, then poured white oil base paint in the numbers and mopped it around to fill them out. It's been on display for 25 years now

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Do the numbers spin when hit by a rifle bullet??

·
Corndog Hater
11,261 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do the numbers spin when hit by a rifle bullet??
If they do,, I will replace them with numbers made out of 1/2" AR500,,, :bigthumb:

:laugh:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
it's agin the law to shoot from, or over a road where I come from:munch:
It’s only illegal if you get caught.:mocking: It’s legal to shoot from some roads in Wi. Unfortunately it’s pretty common to see road signs that have been used for target practice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We live about 40 miles n.e. of Roanoke.
Where abouts are you? We have family in Salem, Rocky Mount and Read Mountain area. (Not specific address...but we know it's 65 something!).

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We live about 40 miles n.e. of Roanoke.
Where abouts are you?
We are in Botetourt County,,, kinda N.E. of Roanoke,,,

my sister-in-law lives in Buena Vista,,,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts