Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's on my 3PH and is a chipper so does that make it a 3PH chipper or just a chipper?

Future adaptions might come with their own cat 1 pins so the carry all isn't needed. It is the right color though so a repaint isnt needed.

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
Looks like a win to me. 馃憤 A bonus is you don't have to work worry about cutting a PTO shaft to length. 馃ぃ

Registered
Guess that little GT has no PTO? Otherwise, a Mac TPH-123 would eliminate having another engine. Had a 122 for 16 years. Now have a WM WC46. I had a Troybilt Tomahawk similar to what your Mac is for 10 years. It is almost identical to the Mac, but is a whole order of magnitude of effort required to maintain it. The spacers get "welded" to the shaft, and it's a pain to get the hammer shafts out then. (Heat might have worked on the spacers, but there are at least about 4 of them. Which ones to heat?).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess that little GT has no PTO? Otherwise, a Mac TPH-123 would eliminate having another engine. Had a 122 for 16 years. Now have a WM WC46. I had a Troybilt Tomahawk similar to what your Mac is for 10 years. It is almost identical to the Mac, but is a whole order of magnitude of effort required to maintain it. The spacers get "welded" to the shaft, and it's a pain to get the hammer shafts out then. (Heat might have worked on the spacers, but there are at least about 4 of them. Which ones to heat?).
Nah no plans for a pto on the x738. I will happily rebuild that mighty mac I got used 2 or 3 times before I come close to the cost of a PTO kit and associated chipper.

The drum blades while used haven't been rotated yet. Plenty of life left in that little guy. Might replace the engine at some point with a preditor honda clone at some point if the biggs gives me to much greif

Premium Member
So it's on my 3PH and is a chipper so does that make it a 3PH chipper or just a chipper?

Future adaptions might come with their own cat 1 pins so the carry all isn't needed. It is the right color though so a repaint isnt needed.

View attachment 784621
That's a good one! Beats lugging it by hand!

Registered
The Troybilt I had had a a tongue put on it to be towed by a GT by the previous owner of the house who just left it there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts